What's new

2 functions acting as my stop button on my Etowah Valley MB....

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have a meterbox from Etowah Valley that is giving me some problems.

Problem: When the rotary knob is placed on spot free, the function itself works fine, but the voice says 'STOP'.:eek: This isn't so much of an urgent issue if you are paying cash, but a much larger issue if you are using our cc count up method. To see what was really happening, I ran 2 tests.

Test 1: I placed the rotary knob on tire cleaner and swiped my card. I used the functions for the minimum and then moved the knob to spot free (making sure to bypass the stop button). At that point, the meterbox ended my transaction.:confused:

Test 2: I placed the rotary knob on tire cleaner and swiped my card. I used the functions for the minimum and then moved the knob to stop. At that point, the meterbox ended my transaction.

I checked the wiring in the box and everything appears to be good. I need some advice on what my next step should be. My other 7 bays have the push button type setup, so I am kind of at a loss if I need to investigate something on the rotary knob. Most people that use my cc box, use the spot free, I can only imagine how frustrating that is for my customers, since it is driving me up a wall. :mad:

Thanks for the help!

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I know it can be a pain, but have you tried swapping out the rotary knob?

Eric H

Reaction score
The stop issue is a loose connection between the rotary switch and the timer. I'd check the connections on the phenix plug before looking at the rotary switch. The "stop" voice only activates when no function is selected. Any wire associated with the voice module will default to "stop" if you take wire off . So the timer is ending the transaction because it cannot see that SFR is selected.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I did talk to Etowah and they said the same thing that Eric H said. I am going to go up there tonight and check all the connections and make sure that there isn't any loose connections.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Here's a silly question. If you use cash, does the SF work?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Yes it works. No matter how you paid, the spot free worked fine, it was just affecting the count up credit card method.

I feel kind of sheepish, I went up there and made sure that the connections were tight and then everything worked like a charm. I don't know if someone was possibly banging on the box and something dislodged, but at least I got it fixed.

Thanks for all the replies!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Well...let's open this issue back up. I am having the same problem and so I went back through and checked all of my connections again. Nothing...I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing this. It was after hours, so when I called Etowah Valley, all I could do was leave a message.

Spotwashman

Reaction score
POssible Cause

I had a similiar situation with a different manufacturer's equipment. It turned out that the spotfree solenoid coil was going bad and cause just enough of a backfeed to reset the timer, but not blow the 24V fuse. You may want to look into a soenoid or a relay if the entire timer and solenoids feed off of the same 24V power supply.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
^Thanks for the tip! I checked it out yesterday and after screwing around with it for a few hours, I ended up putting my old software back into it and everything works like a champ. I am not sure that it was a software issue though. I am going to try and put the new software in and rule out whether or not that is the issue. I don't know if I'm possibly getting a bad connection in the chip stackup or what. I definitely need to get to the bottom of it, one way or another.

Thanks for the help.