What's new

2.0 wheel scratch from gaurd rails

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
I’ve been getting a lot of complaints lately about how my Carwash scratched a rim. I have a 2.0 and get a lot of nice cars with the low profile wheels. They inadvertently hit gaurd rail pulling in then claim it’s my fault. I saw a thread on here a while back of somebody removing the old metal gaurd rails all together and installing rubber car stops. This seems like a great idea just wandering if it still serves its purpose of keeping people from jumping the gaurd rails? Any tips would be appreciated

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
IBwashincars has replaced them replaced the guide rails with plastic bumper blocks. IIRC the plastic is slippery and helps prevent climbing over them.

I haven't had trouble with scratched rims except for one claim a few years back. Take a look at your guide rails and see if you have a gouge or rough spot that may be causing some trouble Perhaps you could sand it smooth. I also installed delineator posts at the entrance between the track and guiderail and that helped with people jumping the rails considerably.

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
Awesome ! thanks for the feed back I will give it a go. Just out of curiosity did you use the anchors they provided or the expandable concrete anchors? Is it best to leave a gap between each for water drainage and clean out etc...

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
No, I bought # 97110A304 - 8 1/2" anchors from McMaster Carr. I also bought stainless steel nuts and washers for them. I left 6" between each one.