What's new

12 days of Rain

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
We have had 12 days of rain now with 2 or 3 more to go. I won't get into how bad for business it is. We are getting this rain from the Gulf, that is normal for ND, even though we are a long ways away. We have seen the flash floods in arkansas, and last week probably 35 states had rain, some hail, and some tornadoes. Is it possible that all this (Red) Oil in the gulf is changing the temps of the water, and changing how fast it evaporates. Remember that 1-2 degree changes can help start hurricanes. I am wondering about the possibility that this oil is changing the weather patterns , as it is covering an area larger than most states. If this is what is going on it will be a long wet summer

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
No I have lots of revenue sources, I have many apartment buildings, so the 5 car washes are the second income. What i was talking about is my theory on the gulf oil acting like a pool cover- warming the water and changing the weather patterns. Al Gore would say global warming, but i thought i would throw it out and see if anyone would see any validity to my theory. I thought all that red oil in the sun-- oil floats except when sprayed with dispersant. This floating oil the size of South carolina must be warming the water and changing the evaporation rate. I figure that just 1-2% higher evaporation rate due to an increased temp at the surface may be causing the flash floods of arkansas, and the storms and tornadoes this week. Almost all this moisture has came out of the gulf, so I thought the red oil may be changing the weather.\
John

madscientist

Reaction score
It is has been an El Nino season, and a strong one at that. We had almost constant rain from October through early March. We lost a good part of our busy season, as almost every weekend was rained out or threatened by rain during that period. It has passed its peak but the effects are still being felt. In your region that means a warmer and wetter summer, while your neighbors in the Pacific Northwest will have a drier than normal summer. You may remember the effects on the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, where they had to truck in snow.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I was watching something and it was saying that the volcano in Iceland negated 5 years or something of all of the people that have been driving Prises and some other funny statistics, that mother nature's actions far out-ceded any changes in our Green behavior.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I was watching something and it was saying that the volcano in Iceland negated 5 years or something of all of the people that have been driving Prises and some other funny statistics, that mother nature's actions far out-ceded any changes in our Green behavior.
Back in the 1970's when I was in college and taking Earth Science, we were in a cooling trend and I think it was Time magazine published a piece on how we were heading to a new ice age. The theory was that all the pollution man caused was blocking the sun's rays causing Global cooling. Anyway, the professor said that one volcanc eruption put as much pollution in the air as 10 years of human pollution.

Then we start cleaning up the air and we end up with an inconvenient spoof. I guess we made it to clean because mroe suns rays were supposedly getting thru causing warming. Again, we have volcanos (Mt. St. Helens and Iceland) spewing Greenhous gases of CO2 and methane at a rate far faster than hman contribution.

The more things change...

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
It is a safe bet that over time weather will be average.

Ted

pitzerwm

Reaction score
IMO anytime a politician gets on board, its BS and we are getting screwed. "I invented the Internet"

jfmoran

Reaction score
"I invented the Internet"[/QUOTE]

Come on Bill, you did not. Al Gore did.;)

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I checked with a couple of weather guys and my theory is no good, due to cold winter, gulf water temps are still below normal. It must be the wind in al gore causing the trouble. I still think major weather events are caused more by volcanoes, than auto exhaust. My wife explained your dig (Bill) about the second income. I must spend too much time at the car washes talking to bubbas!!

pitzerwm

Reaction score
My wife explained your dig (Bill) about the second income. I must spend too much time at the car washes talking to bubbas!!
No dig intended, just a fact, don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

Randy

Reaction score
12 Days of rain! I don’t know what you guys are complaining about. Since May 1st we’ve had 52 days of rain. The last time the temperature was above 75 degrees was on September 10th 2009.