What's new

1 treadle and 1 pressure plate

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Several years ago when I was having trouble with my treadle I bought a pressure plate. It turned out to be easier to fix the treadle than I thought so I never used the plate. Now 1 of my treadle's seems to be bent so I want to use the plate. Is there any reason I can't have a treadle on 1 side and a pressure plate on the other?
On a slightly related note I have a lot of loose concrete anchor bolts on the floor of my auto. Is there anything to do besides move everything an inch or 2? I have had no luck at all trying to replace the anchors in the same hole.
Thanks

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
If the pressure pad physically fits in the space available, then you can use it. As far as the anchors, you could try some concrete epoxy in the holes with some stainless steel allthread, and bolt it down. Another option would be to enlarge the holes to the next size. I would use the concrete epoxy.

mac

Reaction score
If the anchor bolts are becoming loose you need larger/longer bolts. On most all automatics the main support anchors need to be at least 1/2" in diameter and penetrate at least 4" into the concrete. If you have a typically sloped floor that means the bolts in the center of the rail will most likely need to be 1/2 by 6 bolts. Also use a stud anchor, not a sleve anchor. I use an electric impact to set and then a two or three foot piece of pipe over the socket handle to do the final tightening.

Gabriel

Reaction score
One thing is for sure. If you try the side by side you will quickly know which is better. I think you will dump the treadle.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
The treadle Jimmy has is one of the better ones (mercury switch and a spring return) but they will eventually need replacing due to wear. I think it all depends on the quality of the pressure pad. I have used pressure pads on other washes, but not on a Ryko. Its just a Normally open switch so there should not be a problem.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
We removed the damaged treadle today and there is a depression in the concrete. I need to make it smooth before installing the pressure pad. What is the best product to use? I'm assuming that this is "wear" in the concrete so it needs to be pretty tough.
Thanks

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
We had storms last night so I was able to get the concrete patch down. The pressure plate goes in today. How close to the tire stop should I put it? It's 32 x 9.
Thanks

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I would test before you drill. Try and make it so both tires turn on the inputs at the same time.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I have seen Ryko sites with new SoftGloss MAXX with only one treadle on the driver side and also it's no longer called FoamBrite it's called Clean Touch Material.

Etowah

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Well I have only had 1 working at a time for a while now! So far so good with the pressure switch. I can't find the wider ones that I saw referenced. Anybody know where to get one wider than 9 or 10 inches?