What's new

0% Loan for Solar Hot Water

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am pursuing a 0% 7 year loan for solar hot water for my carwash. I have just begun the process so I will try and update this thread when I progress or learn something new or decide to deep 6 the idea.:)

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found out about it through my local Chamber of Commerce. Program is called Mass Save. I am working with Judy @Workers Credit Union.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
How many btu/day does the system you're looking at produce, and what is the approximate installed cost?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No clue. Starting with the loan to see if it's even possible. I've got a 2/1 in the Northeast.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mass Save has no provisions currently for business solar hot water. Something is in the works, says my banker. She will keep me updated as the program is revealed.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like a lack of forward financial thinking to not include small businesses in programs like Mass Save.

It's great that homeowners can get a free loan. But many businesses, like mine, could do alot with that money because I feel like I'm really in-tune with the best way to spend the loan money on creating long-term efficiencies for things I use the most (electricity, water and heat).

Heck, I'd just put the savings back into the economy by making even more improvements in my business.