What's new

Zero Pressure Regulator

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We currently use Generant pressure regulators and an injector to draw soap/wax at our sites with pressure fed pumps. Just ordered one of these Zero pressure regulators to try instead. Does anyone use these things and have any tips to share with me? Good product, bad product? Good longevity? Thanks.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've used them - one tip would be to plumb the bypass from the pump to enter before the regulator, otherwise each time someone pulls the trigger the pump will cavitate for an instant while the regulator recovers. Otherwise they're fairly good. The cartridge will erode over time and will need to be replaced, something that would be solved if the cartridge were made of stainless steel.

Randy

Reaction score
What?s wrong with the Generant regulator, Dema Inductor set up? I?ve used this system on my equipment since 1982 and it works almost flawlessly. I installed some equipment about 5 years ago with a zero pressure regulators. He had nothing but problems with them. Mostly pump related problems.

Plow Guy

Reaction score
I agree with Randy, stick with your current system, specially if you use cat pumps. They will run quieter and the high presser seal will last longer.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I have zero pressure regulators on all my pumps at one of my washes. They work okay for awhile, but tend to go bad frequently. Most likely the soap kills them like it does many other things. Last fall I got fed up with replacing them so often, so now I use an air pump with them to inject the soap and wax into them instead of letting it draw from the tank with suction. Is it the best setup? Nope, but it sure works like a champ! I could get rid of the regulators altogether, but then I'd have to increase my air pump pressure from 20psi to something higher.

I'm not an expert, I just piddle with the equipment until I get it to do what I want. In this case, I wanted a lot of soap to get on the vehicle so the customer gets what they came for! :)