What's new

Zep

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I used zep for maybe 5 yrs or more and liked the soap. They would sell me 7 55g\drums and get one free. shipping was still getting expensive. I went to the powdered soap of ecolab. I saved on shipping and the back, it seemed to wash ok. I then switched to blendco and was able to spend about the same as ecolab, but be able to clean alot better, went from a titration of about 13 to easy mid 20's with the blendco. We have a clay type soil that leaves a nasty road film, so every bit of help is needed for cleaning

shat70

Reaction score
I used zep for maybe 5 yrs or more and liked the soap. They would sell me 7 55g\drums and get one free. shipping was still getting expensive. I went to the powdered soap of ecolab. I saved on shipping and the back, it seemed to wash ok. I then switched to blendco and was able to spend about the same as ecolab, but be able to clean alot better, went from a titration of about 13 to easy mid 20's with the blendco. We have a clay type soil that leaves a nasty road film, so every bit of help is needed for cleaning
well I am a newbie aquajet owner in north western ontario and just learning,,having a hard problem getting the dam thing to clean,,what zep chems did you use

shat70

Reaction score
hi newbie aqua jet owner in north western ontario ,just learning and having a problem getting it to clean,what Zep chems did you use,,road film seems to be my issue as well.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
It was like some sort of truck wash soap. They rep still stops buy with a line of armorall soap also. To get your best cleaning --Soft water--Longer dwell time
slowing down machine--Also the strength of the soap- The zep rep should help with that.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I used Zep until I found out that they charge what they think that you will pay. I was paying 30% more than a friend in Vegas. That's when I kicked them out. Find out here what people are paying, so that doesn't happen to you.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I do recall the zep rep has a nicer house than i , but i did get one barrel free.
Same problem with ecolab- was paying list price Plus.
We could use a price guide on what fair market value is on the larger items we spend on.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
It is difficult to compare pricing from line to line unless you get comparative results using the same amount of product. The wisest way is to do a cost per car in the case of an IBA or tunnel or cost per minute in a self serve. Many times the cheaper per gallon the more you have to use so what may appear to be a good price in reality costs more than a product that costs more but you use less.

Most reps have some leeway as far as what they charge. You definitely want to negotiate with them. To a certain extent you have to consider how much you will be buying from them. A large account can expect better pricing than a smaller one.

bigleo48

Reaction score
well I am a newbie aquajet owner in north western ontario and just learning,,having a hard problem getting the dam thing to clean,,what zep chems did you use
Newbie,

The Esso touchless IBA use Zep. They have use an alkaline presoak and a pH booster to get it done.

Found Zep in Canada very expensive. They are about $80 for a 5 gal pail of alkaline presoak. That's three time what I pay for my Film Away Alkaline Presoak.

Big

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In his SS carwash Tech bulletins, Pat Crowe gives some good advice for buying anything; get as close to the point of manufacture as you can and buy from them. That is where the best price is found.

For me, that is Kleen Rite. They may not manufacture the soaps but they have such a wide distribution that they can offer low prices. I put their IBA presoak on line w/no adjustments from my previous hi ph soap and the results were very good for me. Every 4 drums I buy saves over $500 compared to what I previously paid.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I use Zep products for about 90% of my tunnel. Zep reps are independent contractors and you can negotiate on the price. A good rep will work with you and Zep carries a wide range of products. Many of the products I use are not specifically designed for carwash use. In my experience, cost per gallon or barrel is not a good way to shop. Test different products until you find what works and then decide if the cost per car is acceptable.