What's new

You want a what?

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Told my wife that we should look into putting in a dog wash at the car wash since there is not one in town. City is about 100,000 people and no other car washes have anything like this. Of course, she looked at me a little funny, so I need some fire power to convince her of the idea. Thought I would look some place where I could get real answers. So, can anyone help me out with some questions?

1. Convert bay/Self contained enclosure? Which is the best way to go? I have 2 bays that are a little slow on the far end of the wash, but can't believe that the dog wash would replace the revenue to justify coverting a bay.

2.Do you need an attendant or have to lock the doors at night? My wash is not attended and would like to keep it that way. I'm alittle concerned about having homeless people camping out in the dog wash in the winter time if I don't lock it up.

3. How bad is the mess? All I do is clean bays and pick up trash...part of doing business, but is this thing going to have to be scrubbed down (walls/floors/equiment) constantly or do customer seem to keep them cleaner than they do the car wash bays? Is my grass going to have steaming mounds all over?

4. Finally, is there anything I'm missing? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lighthouse.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I will let you know in about 3 weeks! :)

MJWalsh or BigLeo will probably drop on by and give some good tips.

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
Lighthouse,
Give Trent Walter at National Pride a call I just sold another Pet wash for him. The owner installed it very easly. I have herd nothing but positive feedback form the people who install them. Their is a varity of vending supplys you can also sell as well and Good extra cash flow.

Chris

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Lighthouse,
Give Trent Walter at National Pride a call I just sold another Pet wash for him. The owner installed it very easly. I have herd nothing but positive feedback form the people who install them. Their is a varity of vending supplys you can also sell as well and Good extra cash flow.

Chris
Lighthouse,

On the Nat'l Pride website they have a good power point presentation.

We lock up after 10 PM etc.

I did buy & read an online book called Self Service Dog Wash by David Grass that has some considerations. His forum shows that it is not all blue sky. For some it will be a good fit for others it could create a negative cash flow.

So far Big Leo does more volume than me but it takes time to build up the business. If we left the stall dirty at any time it would set our image back ---we are very careful about the reputation of the new venture. There are 3 or 4 groomers here in our area of about 100k population that have non coin operated that are a factor.

MJ