What's new

Yet another bill changer query

KleanRide

Reaction score
Here's what my install looks like. I removed BC 2800 from this location and replaced with DRS. We added the yellow frame around the changer to cover up where we filled in
Great idea, are the outside frame and interior brackets connected to each other inside the wall?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Yeah so we cut and welded rods on-site so its a nice tight fit....then poured concrete in the space to secure it as much as possible

Randy

Reaction score
It does look good, clean install. In the changer world we call that a “picture frame”. On a couple of occasions I’ve had a steel fabricator cut a picture frame out of a sheet of stainless steel a couple of inches larger than the hole in the wall and then cut the hole in the plate for the cabinet and you’re in business.

wyatt

Reaction score
Another idea, if you have room, would be to switch to Hamilton and cut a completely new hole. Take out the rowe and have a welder cut you a thick piece of steel and weld threaded rods on the back. It was an easy fix and looks good, it makes for a clean flat surface to put signage too. I added a couple pictures one of the outside and one in the equipment room.

Attachments

Etowah

RAAOO7

Reaction score
I've been using Rowe changers for 10 years. Only issue is the constant hopper jamming or not climbing the track. I've been very hesitant to try other changers because of my comfort level with Rowe changers. I was thinking of a Triad bill breaker/changer unit. What do you all think?

soonermajic

Reaction score
We did almost exactly like RFreeman did. Except we welded SS on front bottom of new changer, to make it look the same. Yes, tig welding is expensive, but I wantes a clean look & most importantly hardened & secured. We have LOTS of crime in McCurtain County, Okla.
My dbl Mars mei changers have worked perfect for over a year. Only problem we get is outta quarters sometimes

G WASH

Reaction score
I run my metal all the way to the floor then drive large anchors . that way if they crash a stolen car into it they can't just grab and go. I also place large bollards in front ..

MEP001

Reaction score
Where can I find the filter for sale?
I don't know that you even need the filter. I don't because I put a pure sine wave UPS with surge protection on mine. If you have a Hamilton changer, you should be able to open it up and get the number off it to find at Mouser or Digi-Key.