What's new

WW2 Premature End - Boom only goes part way down - Alarm 13 & Alarm 14

Rainway

Reaction score
We’ve been chasing a ghost in our other WW2 for days and are out of ideas, really could use suggestion or two what to try.

Wash ends prematurely and throws of alarms 13 and 14 (boom motion alarm no motion detected while boom motor running … both up and down direction).

Replaced all the prox sensors including Prox A and Prox B and ran new wires to both. Checked all the connections in the gantry cleaned and tightened them. Replaced the sizing eye because it seemed to not be seeing the car.

2008.4 and 2010.15 light up alternately when Prox A and Prox B walk the ladder.

It won’t do a continuous boom count test (just goes down once and then ends)

I posted onto a newer FB thread and people said I should try the newer style boom count wheel which I’m trying to get info on / part number to order.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Rainway I don't know the part number but the new boom count wheel is a good improvement. I did look in the Coleman parts manual and couldn't find it. Unfortunately Coleman support isn't what it used to be. You can order that part from that Coleman dealer that is in that thread, Chad Burton of Premier Car wash systems in Macon Ga. They will charge Coleman list and drop ship it from the factory so it doesn't cost anything extra to buy from them. They just ordered one for a customer of mine so they know the part number.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I’m also assuming you have tried new proximity switches and cables and have checked the top boom proximity for issues

Rainway

Reaction score
We’ve replaced everything we thought could be the problem including new prox switches and cables.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will order boom count wheel retro kits and cross fingers that it’s really a case of the boom count being thrown off reading the ladder … someone did bump into our boom pretty good recently because the vacation home prox on the underside of our boom was bent way over.

Found part number 06752-NP on Coleman parts site by searching boom count.

Rainway

Reaction score
I posted a video of that updated boom count in operation on the FB group if you want to see it.
Thanks Greg, I see that. So does it matter whether you put Prox A or B in one or the other or are they interchangeable?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Thanks Greg, I see that. So does it matter whether you put Prox A or B in one or the other or are they interchangeable?
IIRC they had to be in the right spot or the boom test would not complete successfully. I have no idea how it knows the difference.

Rainway

Reaction score
While I’m waiting for a boom count wheel to arrive if anyone is by their machine and can trace whether it’s Prox A on the entrance or exit end that would be cool.

Thanks all!

Rainway

Reaction score
Also these retrofit boom count wheels - they just attach to the end of your existing shaft right? I mean you don’t need a longer shaft right?