What's new

Wringer sinks

Reaction score
What kind of faucets do u use in your sinks? I am sick and tired of kids, folks tearing up a 200 dollar faucet...... let me know.....

Jet-Stream

Reaction score
No faucet needed

This is a little messing around, but it works well.
I have a button with a momentary switch. This is mounted in a little stainless box I fabricated.

The button activates a timer hooked up to a solenoid valve, turning the water on for about 8 seconds at a time. I just used a cheap solenoid valve out of a washing machine.

So all the customer can see is a button and a small hose poking through the wall. Everything else is in the building.

Not much they can break.

I can send you a photo if you would like.

Randy

Reaction score
Why have a sink? No one here has a sink or a wringer

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
This is a little messing around, but it works well.
I have a button with a momentary switch. This is mounted in a little stainless box I fabricated.

The button activates a timer hooked up to a solenoid valve, turning the water on for about 8 seconds at a time. I just used a cheap solenoid valve out of a washing machine.

So all the customer can see is a button and a small hose poking through the wall. Everything else is in the building.

Not much they can break.

I can send you a photo if you would like.
I do it exactly the same way after replacing many expensive faucets exceept:

I stay on for about 30 seconds

I wasn't smart enough to use a cheap solenoid out of a washing machine.

I used a push button and box from McMaster Carr instead of fabrication one

MudMoney

Reaction score
I use 2 dyna-jet sink and wringer.One is inside next to my changers and the other is outside the bay exits.Out side one I only run water from May to Sept.Once in a while a kid will run some gummy bears through one of them,not a big deal.I get postive feed back about having them.

MudMoney

Reaction score
Wait there was the time at my wash on the wrongside of town when some one crapped in the last bay and put the **** paper through the wringer.HP wax took care of that mess

Last edited:

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I don't have a ringer, but I just have a push button faucet in my tub sink out back. They have to hold the button in to keep the water running. No more idiots leaving the sink on and walking away.

Lighthouse.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I forgot to add that I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of the wall. It used to be copper until someone broke it off and took it for scrap. Now it's galvanized. No value in that, it won't get stolen.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use a spring-loaded valve like a urinal valve with the handle oriented where I can hold the water on with my arm while I wash both hands. It's about $70 for the valve plus some pipe and a fitting to fasten it. They last many years.