What's new

Worldpay chargeback fee

washnvac

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the current incoming chargeback fee is with a Cryptopay swiper/tap, processing with Worldpay. I found many old threads, but nothing current.

I am thinking about adding Cryptopay to an automatic, and have read many bad reviews here for Worldpay. I would love to know how much Cryptopay is getting in kickbacks for only using this one processor.

Thanks in advance.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Don't know chargeback fee. I get them only a couple times a year. I have this processor for Tunnel and SS Bays. Tunnel runs about 5% all in and SS about 5.5% . I think there was a monthly fee charged that would cancel any chargeback fees but had it removed because I got so few. it was better to pay if it occurred.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
All in all other than a recent coordinator fiasco with cryptopay I'm fairly happy. Looking at a February 2024 statement it looks like they charge me 2.50 per chargeback which is pretty reasonable. My ticket average is $12 and my fees are pretty consistently 4.1%. Worldpay might be a pain but I never deal with them. I don't attempt to fight a charge back ( I probably average between 5/month between two washes and I think most of the problems are with count up customers not stopping the transaction or bounced card transactions that exceed the credit limit of the purchaser). I handle refunds through virtual terminal, a little clumsy but I can do it in three minutes now.

ShinePro

Reaction score
I get 3 statements from World Pay.
1 Crypto pay for ss bays
1 Hamilton Commander paystation
1 Hamilton APP
🤦‍♂️
I ve complained about combining these with zero luck!
I believe I pay a flat monthly fee for chargebacks.
$10. I believe- but I’ll look again
The nice thing about Cryptopay is that they take care of all your compliance!

Which has been a pain with the others!

Fighting a chargeback is pointless. Usually by the time you find out about it enough time has passed that your cameras have deleted the footage to see what they did.
Like Greg, its usually a results from button pushing and not reading instructions.

Advice - read statements carefully.
They try to sneak some extras in without your knowledge. That happened several years ago. I guess when your parent company stock crashes -FIS- you go looking for $$

washnvac

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Shinepro, that seems reasonable to me for sure, to pay only $10/month to cover all chargebacks. Right now, I pay $20 per chargeback with TSYS, whether it is my fault or the idiot customer. (Automatics only for credit card)

Just had one such instance. idiot woman driving a suv went to each of my auto bays. Pulled barely in the door way to the wash and sat there. I guess she did not understand the "drive forward" light? Of course unit timed out and reset. What really burns me, is she did not contact me. she went straight to chargeback. This episode cost me $42 bucks. ($20 each chargeback plus the $1 TSYS fee each swipe). I feel like it should be mandated that customer must attempt to resolve issue with merchant before a chargeback is accepted. Many times the chargeback notice says customer attempted to resolve with merchant, but in fact they had not.

Last month I got a chargeback for duplicate processing. In fact, there was not duplicate processing. It cost me $40--first $20 for the chargeback notice for them removing the $14, then $20 for them notifing me that they put the $14 back in my account. TSYS sucks when it come to this. I can not wait to tell them to go F... themselves. They screw the merchant every chance they get.

All you guys with Cryptopay should demand they bring another processor onboard. Competition most always makes things better. I feel like there should be a class action suit in this somewhere. My daughter works for the DOJ anti-trust division in D.C. I am going to run this by her. It is against the law to keep competition out, I think?

Roz

Reaction score
We dumped TSYS for First Data on our Hamilton’s. Fee % went down and seems to be a slightly better company. We do need to have two accounts, one for the paystations and one for our APP but I think that is due to Hamilton and it’s antiquated programming. Cannot wait for the DAN upgrade from what looks/acts like Windows 98 to a 21st century OS.

OurTown

Reaction score
All you guys with Cryptopay should demand they bring another processor onboard. Competition most always makes things better. I feel like there should be a class action suit in this somewhere. My daughter works for the DOJ anti-trust division in D.C. I am going to run this by her. It is against the law to keep competition out, I think?
Yes, Worldpay customer service sucks but you probably won't have to deal with them very often. I don't think it is illegal because you could go with another credit card system.