What's new

Working on opening my own truck wash

317wash

Reaction score
Good Evening Folks,
I've found an excellent location for a truck wash and I'm in the planning stage. I've talk with the owner who liked the idea provided I maintained his property properly.
I have a 2 phase plan. Phase 2 is the latter stage for more permanent setup but phase 1 is a much more simpler setup focused on building my clientele, my cash reserves and really to test the waters with landlord and location among other things.
Here's my question. It sits on a well and septic. Pretty sure from talking to landlord, well should suffice but septic won't so I will have local hazmat carrier come suck it out every x gals.
Phase 2 will be a much more sophisticated approach focused on efficiency and profit margins while exceeding customer satisfaction and expectations but phase 1 won't spend money on reclamation, ro or deionization; its just not in my means and geographically phase 1 will be staged in a different spot from phase 2.
Back to question, should I go with a portable wash pad or a sealed concrete setup for a pit?
Also, if I do a full length pad, how big? Im thinking 20w x 40l x 16h (truck and from half trailer, move up and do second half OR one long pit?