What's new

Wobble head foam brush

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I wonder where they conducted the study that revealed that $50 per bay per month was spent of foam brush handles? And how can they make a simple video of a foam brush handle last 7 freaking minutes?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Very creative. I am not sure what to think. They may have solved a problem, that i could care less about. I really wonder about what actually senses the foam and tightens the brush up, and how long it would last before failure. Even if i wanted it, I can't imagine spending $150 for a brush handle. What if the foam dippers , or two timers get mad and run it over.

Reaction score
If someone brings a bucket of water in their trunk to your wash potentially spilling and causing a huge mess in the car what keeps them from bringing a sponge or brush ??? and what if the foam is not quite foamy one day none of your bays would work, one day i came in and the fb was rally watery, but still worked for the customers till I got it fixed but with that brush I would of been totally shut down, I like the creativity and thinking tho

MEP001

Reaction score
Whale of a Wash said:
They may have solved a problem, that i could care less about.
Well put.

I think it would **** off too many people to improve income as they claim.

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
We have seen many variance of that idea through out the years...not the first
MEP 1 is right... it P@#$$s customers off and it makes it look cheap..
and a big factor why they are not used is they are easly stolen.. I have seen prototypes stolen.. re-place a 30.00 handel/brush or a 150.00 unit...wont go
Just my input...
Chris

mjc3333

Reaction score
It sounds like a good idea, but you cannot control everything a customer does or does not do. Most people that come to the wash will use some function and spend some kind of money. That is why it is called self serve. Where there is a will there will be a way around it.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Cut the price to $50.00 and I might try a few.
From my perspective --- it could have value at a car wash where there often tended to be customers waiting to get in. In that case, the theory would be to bring the slightly more needed money in without raising the actual rate. It would also favor the more preferred customers who would not even think of using the foam brush dry.

Like Whale said --- durability --- definitely would be a factor.

MJ

Todd53

'72Cuda
Reaction score
Wobblehead in use

I have a friend who has had these wobbleheads for a couple of months. He loves them. He says he sees former cheaters dropping quarters all the time. I'm still unsure if it'll last, or how many customers are being lost.