What's new

Wiring Help on Triple Foam Unit

Reaction score
Hi I am looking for some help on how to wire in this used triple foam unit I bought. The first picture below is my Carolina Pride Pump Stand and the second picture is a used Southern Pride Triple foam that I wall mounted next to it.

My question is where in my pump stand should I pull the 24 VAC power and common to hook into the triple foam unit. I was thinking of coming off the "System 24 VAC Transformer" which is the one on the far right. Or should I just tap into one of the terminal blocks off one of the bays?

IMG_4359.jpg

IMG_4360.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
Use the system transformer. That's what it's for. If you use one of the bay transformers, you won't be able to shut that bay's control voltage off without also turning off the trifoam.

Reaction score
Im looking for some more advice on this triple foam unit that I also have pictures of above. I finally got everything hooked up and turned it on but the pump wasnt pulling anything and when I pulled off the hoses for the supply side there was barely a trickle of chemical. I took off the 3 solenoids on the tanks and they all had a good amount of gunk in them and 2 of the solenoids I couldnt even get the plunger to fall out so I am thinking I need to replace these 3. Also when the unit was off the solenoid valves still trickled and wouldnt close.

I couldnt find a solenoid to match this valve number even on the Parker website itself and I dont want to try and rebuild them because I cant get the plungers out to start with. Does anyone know what a direct replacement would be for this?

IMG_3839.jpg
IMG_4529.jpg

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Use a DEMA 412P 120V. Those are 3/8" port. 414P if you need 1/2". It'll cost about half as much as the Parker and will last decades as long as you don't use Stinger trifoam chemical.

Randy

Reaction score
Have you checked the voltage going to your solenoid valves? It seems rather odd that you'd have 110 volts going to your Triple foam unit.