What's new

Wireless Credit Card System from ShurVend-- $250 Installed! The e-Port ?EDGE?

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Ain?t technology great!!! A new e-Port credit card system has just been released called the ?EDGE? and will be available in the first weeks of June from USA Technologies. This will be a magnetic stripe only card reader that combines the reader and controller into one unit and installs into the MDB harness just like a bill validator or coin changer. It is a ?wireless? system, so you can install the vendor anywhere on the wash site that gives you the best operation. In these tough economic times this credit card system will cost you only $250 per installation. It will fit on any new ShurVend Vendor and can be retrofit into any of our older Sensit II ShurVend machines with very little effort.

All of the processing and depositing of sales into your account will be done by USA Technologies and you can go ?online? anytime you want to see what your sales are in real time for your vendor. A daily report of total sales from cash or credit card and what items have sold will be emailed to you each morning for the previous day and is included in the $9.95 monthly fee that is charged for each e-Port.

For our Canadian friends the ?EDGE? is scheduled to be available by the end of summer at the same US$250 price.

Credit card payments for any products or services are the wave of the future, so increase your sales volume by giving us a call for more information or to answer any of your questions about this new inexpensive credit card system.

Uncle Sam :)

Attachments

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Can this be used anywhere on site? This could be a great addition for a vacuum island. More info please.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
John,

This is only MDB for the vendor industry, but there are people in the industry that are trying to get this working on 24 vac pulse that we all use in the vacs and bays. It is just a matter of time.

Uncle Sam

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Perfect! I will keep my ear to the ground to see when we can get a retrofit into the vacs. I don't know how you could go wrong with a price like that.

Thanks Jim!

Btw...have you found anyone that sells Shamwow's in bulk? I have done some pretty deep digging and I have been unsuccessful thus far.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
John,

The latest word from the USA Tech sales people is that the Edge unit will have "pulse" capability in late summer. I sure hope so!

Uncle Sam

MEP001

Reaction score
"Pulse" is all well and good, but I'd like to see a method in which we can utilize such an affordable technology and get a count-up system. Having the customer return to the swiper to add more pulses defeats the main advantage of even having in-bay credit card acceptance: the ability to swipe once and wash without having to continually add value.

kabak

Reaction score
We are working on a project that will allow eport to count-up but it will more than double the price.I will inform you guys as soon as We finish testing

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
That is the point MEP was trying to make (correct me if I'm wrong), was that we need an economical option that we can use a count up method. One of the biggest benefits to taking credit cards is that you can take the whole time issue out of the equation. I'm interested in what you have to offer, but there are other options out there and that is why 'we' are in search of an economical option.

Just my .02