What's new

Winter Price Cut?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saw a direct mail piece for another detail shop about 30 miles from mine.

It offered a Winter Detail Special! Wash, Polish, Wax, Interior clean, shampoo and shine w/windows. $99.99. Regularly $139.99.

I was thinking of offering a new Winter special at my shop for 2011, say 1/15-3/15. I thought of leaving off the interior shampoo and doing a paste wax, vac, wipe dash, spot clean interior and windows for, say, 20% off regular price.

I think it may be popular. But should I add a few Winter spiffs, like deicer in the lock cylinders or check the wiper fluid, tire wear or blinker fluid?

What say you?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Saw a direct mail piece for another detail shop about 30 miles from mine.

It offered a Winter Detail Special! Wash, Polish, Wax, Interior clean, shampoo and shine w/windows. $99.99. Regularly $139.99.

I was thinking of offering a new Winter special at my shop for 2011, say 1/15-3/15. I thought of leaving off the interior shampoo and doing a paste wax, vac, wipe dash, spot clean interior and windows for, say, 20% off regular price.

I think it may be popular. But should I add a few Winter spiffs, like deicer in the lock cylinders or check the wiper fluid, tire wear or blinker fluid?

What say you?
Whats "blinker fluid"?:p:)

MEP001

Reaction score
It's on the same shelf as the muffler bearings.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I thought it was poured into the thingamajig right next to the whatchamacallit.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1 mention of blinker fluid (it's a real thing I assure you) and you guys fly off tangent.

What about my question about a Winter pricing promotion for detailing?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
1 mention of blinker fluid (it's a real thing I assure you) and you guys fly off tangent.

What about my question about a Winter pricing promotion for detailing?
My detail business slows way down after the snow starts to fly. Thats just about the time things start to pick up at the wash, so my detail guys are busy washing cars. I think its a bad idea to get any type of interior service that gets things wet, so we discourage that type of service, but we do get a few hand wax jobs. So I think you should put some kind of Blinker sign offering a winter package like you already have.:p:D

You know I'm kidding

MEP001

Reaction score
Waxman said:
So what is "blinker fluid"?

I'm surprised no one has posted about the problems with reducing prices and "devaluing your product," but I can tell you for sure that people like good deals. Adding lots of "spiffs" that cost very little and take no time to perform would make it seem like an even better deal.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
So what is "blinker fluid"?

I'm surprised no one has posted about the problems with reducing prices and "devaluing your product," but I can tell you for sure that people like good deals. Adding lots of "spiffs" that cost very little and take no time to perform would make it seem like an even better deal.
I found it!;) Unfortunately, it looks like Waxman bought up all the inventory, their sold out!:D:p Trying to corner the market Eh, Waxman?:rolleyes:

Blinker Fluid

Are you blinkers sluggish? Do they make an annoying ticking noise? Do they not flash fast enough? Here's your solution. Little do people know, factory quality blinker fluid should be changed every 150,000 blinks. Our blinker fluid lasts ten times that. KaleCoAuto high quality synthetic blinker fluid meets the highest DOT standards while not being in the least bit DOT legal! KaleCoAuto blinker fluid provides you with thousands of hours of reliable blinking without the wear and tear on the flash-synchro's that the other blinker fluids cause. KaleCoAuto blinker fluid will not lose its viscosity even in the most extreme situations. Why buy that old dino-blinker fluid, when you can get our unique patented synthetic formula? Satisfaction guaranteed!! For use in any car.
Kaleco Auto

buda

Reaction score
Winter special

For the most part, Waxman, the good, loyal detail customers do not price shop, they shop quality, dependability, reliability and consistency.

It is about relationships they trust.

When you low-ball your prices you degrade the quality of your service, telling the world you can afford to perform the service you normally charge $139 for only $99.

If you think offering something for more is a valuable incentive to get people to come in during the slow times, then "add value."

Or, as they say, "value-added services."

For example, the dealer where I purchased my car was offering a Lube, Oil & Filter special with a FREE tire rotation and multi-point check of the car. Since it has 100,000 miles (I live the in country) and have never done a thing to the vehicle I thought this might be a good deal so I went out of my way to take advantage of the offer.

Women, for example, might respond if you offered a FREE "Scotch-Guarding" (anti-stain treatment of carpets and fabric upholstery.

Or, an upgrade to a long-term protection paint sealant vs wax.

Or, FREE brush, paint touchup of chips.

Or, a FREE repair of a windshield chip. You can do this for literally nothing if you have a low-cost repair system. (we offer one for $299.95). At that price no detailer should be without a windshield repair system.

There are so many things you can do to add value to your service without demeaning the price.

Hope you all have a Holy and Joyful Christmas and a Happy & Prosperous New Year.

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good Ideas Bud.

I wil add value and not lower price. I like the scotch gard idea and may offer that and rain x original.

buda

Reaction score
Winter specials

Waxman

Glad you liked the idea of adding value, it is better than lowering prices.

And, thank you for mentioning the application of RAINX or water repellent.

That is a "value-added" service that is a no-brainer. To the consumer it has a great deal of value and for you to provide it as part of a detail package it costs nothing to do, a few pennies at most.

Big value added, that and Scotchguard. Or even a paint sealant vs a wax.

So much you can offer that is value to the consumer and costs you little.

Bud Abraham

Good Ideas Bud.

I wil add value and not lower price. I like the scotch gard idea and may offer that and rain x original.

Etowah