What's new

WINDTRAX vs AIR LOGIC Triple Foam system

Roz

Reaction score
We are looking to install a Triple Foam system at a wash we are fixing up. We have (and like) our Air Logic Triple Foam in one wash so most likely will go with that system again. Our installer is offering us a Windtrax system and cost is similar to Air Logic - systems look fairly similar but hard to tell from a pic. Only seen pics of the Windtrax, anyone have insights and feedback on them? Thanks.

MEP001

Reaction score
They're mostly as good as the components they use, and both use fairly decent stuff. I like the simpler design of the Windtrax system which only has one pump - I've seen it done both ways and the color change is only 2-3 seconds when you mix the colors between the tanks and the pumps. IDGAF about instant changeover in the bays. I took a close look at a D&S system for the first time a few days ago, and they actually have four lines to each bay, with three pumps and four banks of solenoids PLUS one on the side of three of the banks to control the color change, then there's four separate tube lines to each bay.

I don't really like either system because the tanks aren't enclosed. At least the Windtrax ones have a partial lid. FWIW I used to build equipment, and we always had the Hydrominder fully enclosed in the tank. I've made tanks out of 6" PVC where there wasn't room for anything else, and I would mount the Hydrominder to the cap and drill holes just big enough for the discharge tube and chain to pass through.

Randy

Reaction score
Since you already have an Air Logic Triple Foam system I'd go with them. We have 8 of there systems and are happy with them.

Roz

Reaction score
Since you already have an Air Logic Triple Foam system I'd go with them. We have 8 of there systems and are happy with them.
Mostly likely outcome is Air Logic. Their tech support has been great with the minor issues we had with our first system.

Ginsan has a fully enclosed system at almost twice the cost and their replacement parts seem to cost a bundle (just looking at the gun handle on the KR website).

Etowah has a system with 3 lines going out to the gun so all three colors come out at the same time at a 50% premium.