What's new

Window cleaning

Etowah

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have glass in my IBA and I need advice for the easiest way to keep them nice and clear. Any recommendations? What do you use and are you happy with it?
At the moment I have a clear film put over them and when they get really dirty I have to replace the film (last time 2 years ago). Thanks.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have glass in my IBA and I need advice for the easiest way to keep them nice and clear. Any recommendations? What do you use and are you happy with it?
At the moment I have a clear film put over them and when they get really dirty I have to replace the film (last time 2 years ago). Thanks.
I just tried Ap Formulators Klean Wall on my Lexan doors and glass windows like brand new once I rinsed them off I had to scrub a little though

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you should stick with your clear film idea. every 2 years isn't too bad.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
What if you teed off the SFR and misted the windows during the SFR cycle of every wash? Just a thought...

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
What is the film you use? Does it leave a residue when removed?

Being the huge Nascar fan that I am I figured the windshield "tear-off" material they use on the race cars would be the ticket. My plan was to just replace the film every year. I was in NC several years ago and looked this stuff up. The stuff is very expensive, $2 per sq. ft. 5 years ago. It also only came on a 5' wide roll so I was going to waste another 4 sq. ft. on my 4X4 windows. I ended up buying enough to do my walk-through door. I planned to replace the existing glass and then cover it with the film. I have yet to replace the glass and the film is still out in my garage 5 years later. I don't like to rush these things.

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
Some washes that have a lot of glass are using RO (Spot Free) water to keep windows clean. Sprayers aimed at the windows spray off the windows while the car is being washed.

RO systems are typically water hogs so some sort of water reclaimation may be required.

dbrewer

Reaction score
Some washes that have a lot of glass are using RO (Spot Free) water to keep windows clean. Sprayers aimed at the windows spray off the windows while the car is being washed.

RO systems are typically water hogs so some sort of water reclaimation may be required.
Dean, Try 1/2 vinagar & 1/2 water. Works pretty good.Gota'go.

JustClean

Reaction score
What is the film you use? Does it leave a residue when removed?

Being the huge Nascar fan that I am I figured the windshield "tear-off" material they use on the race cars would be the ticket. My plan was to just replace the film every year. I was in NC several years ago and looked this stuff up. The stuff is very expensive, $2 per sq. ft. 5 years ago. It also only came on a 5' wide roll so I was going to waste another 4 sq. ft. on my 4X4 windows. I ended up buying enough to do my walk-through door. I planned to replace the existing glass and then cover it with the film. I have yet to replace the glass and the film is still out in my garage 5 years later. I don't like to rush these things.
We use 3M protective film 5019A which is really cheap and better than replacing glass. It does not leave ANY residues at all. I am replacing the old stuff it right now. However, a problem with that is, that even if you install it properly (by a sign maker) it bubbles the next day. And using a HP gun to clean it can lift it up if you are not careful.
I looked up that "tear-off stuff" as well but wasn't happy with the price either.
But hey, wouldn't that be a great business idea? Cheap "tear-off" film for carwashes - professional installed!

If anyone has a great film like this please let me know.

Etowah
Etowah