What's new

wild guess acceptable

kempape

Reaction score
if add onboard dryer (3-15hp mtrs) to touchless (g5)... about what percent will my average elec cost per wash increase?( we skiping details like other variations in elec use for different wash packages configurations,nonlinear biling due mtr startup surges ,etc----[just focusing on added elec expense increase associated the dryer in terms of percent increase per cycle]...talked to a few foljs and the range varies from 10 percent to 50 percent
••• anyone wonna guess???

••• bonus guess--( advanced gamblers only) if offer 4 wash options/packages and dyrer added only to the two top packages , what percent of folks will purchase package with dryer?{ answers in percents only please}

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no idea about the first part of your question. But as to the second, I feel strongly that 3 out of 4 packages should have blowers.

The cheapest wash is just a wet wash at my place and I still get alot of folks complaining that blowers 'didn't come on'. I advertise it as a wash only and list what is included, but folks don't always read signs.

Only 10% or less get my wet wash, so blowers are inportant to people and I don't think any more than 1 of your options should be blower-less.

The blowers improve the overall quality and value of the wash too much and my gut feeling is that the electricity used is not enough of a cost factor to leave blowers off more than 1 option/pkg.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
When I had mine, 1998 it cost me .09 for the 90 sec. I'm in the NW with cheap hydro power, but it should be ease to calculate, what is the draw marked on the name plate. Times your electric rate.

I set up mine so that for $1 SS customers could blow dry their car, many loved that feature.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm not going to try to decipher the sloppily done original post, but I disagree with Waxman on putting the dryer on so many washes. If most everyone wants a dryer wash put it on the most expensive wash and maybe the next one down. Don't give them a reason to buy a cheap wash, give them reasons not to.

MEP001

Reaction score
I.B. Washincars said:
If most everyone wants a dryer wash put it on the most expensive wash and maybe the next one down. Don't give them a reason to buy a cheap wash, give them reasons not to.
I agree, not just from your reasons but from cost as well. If your power is based on peak load, it'll cost you most of $1 in energy just to spin up the dryers. There's also wear on components to consider.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
I would follow Bill's advice to compute electric consumption for air-dryers.

I have to agree more with Waxman with respect to offering air drying except to take it one step further; offer drying on all washes.

I say this because in this market environment you should do everything possible to offer the best possible product.

I have never seen anyone wash their car in the driveway, not towel dry it and leave it to spot and streak in the sun.

I know very few conveyor operators who offer a wet wash.

Give the customer every possible reason to come back.

washnvac

Reaction score
I think you have to do one wet wash for thoses idiots in pick ups that do not want to remove the contents---Big, big problem in my area. I do what Wax does, it is the lowest wash with no blow dry. It is called a basic wash for a reason.

kempape

Reaction score
I am considering a new wasworld razor. As i understand it,they offer an option that turns off center blower while its passing over pickup beds.

Unfortunately, center blower doesn't oscillate ( could be wrong on that).