What's new

Why do you grease my mats?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Rant ON

While in Vegas, I had my truck sent to a detailer to get the 112,000 miles of filth out of my interior. Since I only seem to have this done every few years I always forget to tell them not to grease my %#*@?ing floor mats! Why do detailers do this? It drives me crazy when I can't set my left foot in a comfortable position because the mat is so slippery it won't stay put, not to mention it may slip as I am entering the truck. Whatever is on them does nothing that I can see. They don't look any better than they do after I wash that $h!t off, it just serves to annoy me:mad:. I'm sure some of you do this, explain to me why:confused:.

BTW, because that's the way we always do it, and everybody does it, are not acceptable answers.

Rant OFF

MEP001

Reaction score
I wonder if some day they'll find that greased floor mats is the real cause of "unintended acceleration."

buda

Reaction score
Detail workers are creatures of habit that they think with their memories and do what they have always done. If you do not want "dressing" not grease on your rubber mats tell them.

Regards
Bud A

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we do it cause it looks good!! our shop does not allow armorall on rubber mats cause its too dangerous.