What's new

Why do I Bother!!!!

pgrzes

Reaction score
So I get to carwash this morning a bit overcast a little slow. Do trash and some cleanup and the phone rings. A young girl and her girlfriend were washing there cars and a floater tries to rob one of them. Nothing more then verbal threats, but they wanted to know if I have video so they can go to police. SO I ask what happened and verified everything except the one area of the bay she was in is not covered. I have no reason to believe they are laying as there story was spot on. So I record a short video of the perp and his car and post on my Facebook site asking for help identifying him. I know the police will do nothing without a license plate. So now everyone is blasting me because I wont post was was said that he did just that I would like to speak with him if anyone knows him. Everyone just wants to know what happened and why would I ask for information like this without saying what happened!! I dont want to publicly accuse anyone of anything. What would you do????

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Probably what you did. Don't be concerned with what the clueless think,

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
If I did not have video evidence, I would not have taken the next step of being a part time PI trying to chase down something that you have no clue what really happened. Tell them to pursue it with the police, and of course I'd provide what video I do have to the police.

Regarding the fb posts, ignore them.
If the 2 girls want to post accusations on line, let them do it.

If you want to talk to this guy because his presence is effecting your business, I'd get that on record with the police, and would simply spend time at the wash until he showed up so I could talk to him.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve often asked myself the same question, “Why do I bother”

mac

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just getting pessimistic as I get older, but even with a good video, the likelihood of the police actually doing something is slim. All they want to do is fill out a report and meet at Dunkins.