What's new

Why are there so many ss car washes for sell

Brad0505

Reaction score
Why are there so many car washes for sell so cheap? There are several in my area for sell. There’s one for $12k one $15k one $27k and one $75k. Do they not make money anymore?

kentadel

Reaction score
They do in my area. Self Service revenue is better than anytime since I've been in this business, going back to 1990.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Why are there so many car washes for sell so cheap? There are several in my area for sell. There’s one for $12k one $15k one $27k and one $75k. Do they not make money anymore?
The demand for and market value of self-service has been affected unevenly across the country.

What happens in Nebraska (mostly plains) is quite different than what occurs in most other parts of the country.

For example, there is not going to be a big rush to develop express washes throughout Nebraska because not many people live there (1.9 million).

Other than Omaha, Lincoln, and Grand Island, there are no other major population centers. Also, Nebraska is in the middle of tornado alley.

So, what you find in Nebraska is mostly self-service washes and stable but relatively small markets.

For example, Tampa Bay Area of Florida alone has twice the population of Nebraska and the rush to build express washes is on here.

So, if a self-serve site here has a higher and better use as express wash, its worth a lot more than a similar site that doesn’t.

“There are several in my area for sell.”

If Ms is Mississippi, this means a poor state that also has very high weather risks especially the costal areas.

Brad0505

Reaction score
What state are you in? These are all in really small towns. One town that is growing the rest may be shrinking in population

Brad0505

Reaction score
The more expensive car wash is in a town of about 5,000. There’s another car wash that’s kind of a hangout that’s always busy. This one is newer and in the center of town. The owner is in another town and comes up only two or three times a month

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
They do in my area. Self Service revenue is better than anytime since I've been in this business, going back to 1990.
Well, obviously they don't where this guy is looking do they? Anybody selling a wash for $12K, $15K or $27K in your market?

$1.00 per SF dirt?

LOL

chaz

Reaction score
Yeah...that sounds really cheap in almost any market. I gotta imagine the land is worth at least that little money.

kentadel

Reaction score
Well, obviously they don't where this guy is looking do they? Anybody selling a wash for $12K, $15K or $27K in your market?

$1.00 per SF dirt?

LOL
LOL I am just showing that there are different areas with different markets. Where this guy is looking, at $1.00 per SF dirt, there obviously would be other depressed businesses.

OurTown

Reaction score
Maybe they are on leased land. That will bring the price down.