Reaction score
Your location: North Central Mississippi
Your start up price: $2 (for 4 min)
Price per additional minute: $0.25 = 30secs
Vacuum Price: $1.50 (for 4 min)

Randy

Reaction score
Western Washington, Puget Sound area.
Bays $2.75 to start for 3.5 minutes. 20 seconds per additional quarter.
Vac’s $1.50 to start for 3.5 minutes. 35 seconds per additional quarter.
I’m the least expensive in my area. I had a tunnel reopen a half a mile down the street 6 months ago with 18 free vac’s and a wash as much as you want plan for $9.99 a month if you pay a year in advance . My business is down about 60%.

Jason Studer

Reaction score
Mounds View Minnesota North of Mpls. 10 miles
$2.00 to start for 3 min 28 seconds
$4.32 for 7 min start up for CC I charge 8% CC fees
Vacs $1.00 for 3 minutes
Pretty much the same around town but all other washes start up for $1 for 1 minute 40 seconds and .50 cents on Tuesdays. There are three washes that I know of that are in Mpls. at $5 for 4 minutes

Roz

Reaction score
Western Washington, Puget Sound area.
Bays $2.75 to start for 3.5 minutes. 20 seconds per additional quarter.
Vac’s $1.50 to start for 3.5 minutes. 35 seconds per additional quarter.
I’m the least expensive in my area. I had a tunnel reopen a half a mile down the street 6 months ago with 18 free vac’s and a wash as much as you want plan for $9.99 a month if you pay a year in advance . My business is down about 60%.
Is your IBA a touch free or soft cloth? Guessing soft cloth as touch free does not compete with a tunnel.
I would not expect SS to be affected as those people still like hand washing their car.

Randy

Reaction score
Is your IBA a touch free or soft cloth? Guessing soft cloth as touch free does not compete with a tunnel.
I would not expect SS to be affected as those people still like hand washing their car.
Self serve only, no automatics. I still get a few of those folks who wash there cars by hand.

Roz

Reaction score
Self serve only, no automatics. I still get a few of those folks who wash there cars by hand.
Sorry to hear about the hit. I purchased an old 5 bay SS location that took a major hit when the local gas station installed two IBAs next to the pumps. I purchased it after the hit happened think that with new vision and fixed equipment it could come back to its heyday. No joy. Tried to revive the place but in the end decided to convert the place into self storage as the bays have locking doors. Probably selling the place this year as I do not want to run a self storage business. People want the convenience and discount at the pump over the self service that’s why many SS only locations are being converted into other types of businesses. Sad for the industry.

Randy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the hit. I purchased an old 5 bay SS location that took a major hit when the local gas station installed two IBAs next to the pumps. I purchased it after the hit happened think that with new vision and fixed equipment it could come back to its heyday. No joy. Tried to revive the place but in the end decided to convert the place into self storage as the bays have locking doors. Probably selling the place this year as I do not want to run a self storage business. People want the convenience and discount at the pump over the self service that’s why many SS only locations are being converted into other types of businesses. Sad for the industry.
I'm going to just keep doing what I've been doing. We keep the car wash to stay active and do a little work. I was at a car wash this morning that was sold for $850,000 2 years ago, fenced off until just recently. They did $300,000 remodel new everything, lighting, equipment, vacuums, wall paneling etc, Totally credit card only, no cash on the property. The property is gated at night. Beautiful Sunday morning, not a soul around. With a 6' fence around the car wash it didn't feel right.