What's new

What would you do for Travel to KR Expo?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
KR expo is 6 hrs. away by auto.

I had contemplated renting an RV but it started to seem like an idea that is fabulous in my head but not as sweet in reality.

Would you drive (with your family) or take a train or rent a car to drive there then fly home? Or something else?

Just trying to brainstorm a fun family carwash/work/mini break experience. Thanks!:p

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
No doubt about it, I would drive. You can be at the expo while the family can go enjoy themselves. It also gives you some freedom to do a sidetrip if you feel an urge to check out something that's an hour out of the way. Being on someone else's schedule can suck pretty bad if you're not enjoying yourself. Back in '08 at the Orlando show, they bussed to Epcot I think, to some kind of entertainment that really sucked, IMO. We had no choice but to tough it out for the 3-4 hours. That's the great thing about Vegas, relief is just a taxi away.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No doubt about it, I would drive. You can be at the expo while the family can go enjoy themselves. It also gives you some freedom to do a sidetrip if you feel an urge to check out something that's an hour out of the way. Being on someone else's schedule can suck pretty bad if you're not enjoying yourself. Back in '08 at the Orlando show, they bussed to Epcot I think, to some kind of entertainment that really sucked, IMO. We had no choice but to tough it out for the 3-4 hours. That's the great thing about Vegas, relief is just a taxi away.
Sounds good. If I do decide to drive I'll mark out a few Saab repair shops along the route; just in case!:D

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
If the family is joining you, you must be promising the world. Mine would absolutely run the other way at the prospect of riding six hours for Dad's car wash activity.

Gettysburg is an hour west and Lancaster 20 minutes to the east. Lots to do at either place.

Have fun!

MC

Red Baron

Reaction score
Unless you're an experienced RV'er, I'd discourage that mode. The time spent loading and unlouding the RV, hooking up lines, dumping tanks, trying to find gas stations you can get into...it's really a mode of travel best suited for those who have plenty of time to kill.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just say 'road trip' and my young family is game!

Yes, I agree about RV inexperience! I know how to drive my Saab 9.5 wagon just fine (while changing the kids' dvd's and stopping for bathroom breaks).

I think this is a good way for us to travel!:rolleyes:

Randy

Reaction score
When my kids were little and we’d go on a road trip I’d always rent a big car so they’d have a lot of room. When I’d pull into a car wash they'd scream like little girls.