What's new

What would a fair resale price be (as a percent of original price)?

Roz

Reaction score
What would a fair resale price be (as a percent of original price) for a 2015 WW Razor with all the options or a 2015 Istobal M22 (each machine probably has about 40,000 washes on it and has been maintained)? Debating the merits of upgrading the equipment to newer models but depends on the delta between selling current equipment and the new equipment.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
That's a tough one and depends on the market, locale, and luck. I would pay more for a local machine than one clear across the Country. If I had to take a shot I'd say 20%.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Wondering why you would need to replace a machine with only 40k washes on it? The razor is all stainless, all parts available and repair/replaceable/ungradable. If they are neglected machines, a refurb could be done. I would think general rule of thumb would be about half on a new machine give or take for a starting point on a good used machine for sale.

soapy

Reaction score
You would probably pay 10k for a competent removal for reinstall plus you loose your initial install costs. I seldom see over 25% of Original price on these takeouts. You might get the distributor to do a trade in of some value.

Etowah

Roz

Reaction score
Probably will not replace the machines, just considered the idea so we can move from the Razor Ver3 to a Ver4 only if the delta was a modest amount. If we sold the Istobal M22 we would probably look at the WW Profile. Washworld is a much friendlier machine from an operator's perspective - can help customers remotely with little effort....

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
If we sold the Istobal M22 we would probably look at the WW Profile. Washworld is a much friendlier machine from an operator's perspective - can help customers remotely with little effort....
I think the M22 can be updated to do those things.

mac

Reaction score
Greg is correct about the M22. If it doesn't have remote access it can be upgraded, and it's an easy upgrade. And well worth it. Yesterday I was having lunch at my favorite watering hole when a customer calls because they can't figure out the entry kiosk. I asked them which wash they wanted and 10 seconds later had it ready to go from my phone. Customer was awe struck.

mac

Reaction score
Forgot to reply about the resale of machines. I have bought and sold many used ones. You will be lucky to get 10% of new. Look on ebay and you'll see lots of machines for under 10K.