What's new

What will you look at?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At ICA~Vegas?

I will be looking at petwash tubs and equipment.

Vacuums.

I always check out the detail steamers.

Flitz Ball.

Brush for tire shine (detail) applicator.

Santalers.

Air freshners. (btw my employee said 'Lilac' little tree is very nice). I had no idea.:D

Red Baron

Reaction score
D&S booth, Warsaw, prolly peek in at Shurvend. Will also people watch out front of the hotel on Las Vegas Blvd to watch the freak show, per usual. Starbucks on West Tropicana every morning, then Sonic on Warm Springs in the afternoon.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Btw, if you have a rental car, check out Doug Davenport's car wash several miles east of LVB on Warm Springs on the north side of the road. He's a neat guy, and a muckety muck with the MGM/Kalitta drag race team. He has some interesting stories about why he put a huge wrought-iron fence around his car wash and closes at night. Ahhh, it's not that interesting and I won't keep you in suspense, it's because of crime.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I may class up my normal burnt bean water habit and join you at Starbuks some morning.

I hope to enjoy my hotel pool and gym as I did last time. Stratosphere had a nice pool and this year I am at Flamingo and they apparently charge guests for use of the gym and pool.

I also intend to create a Las Vegas itinerary in order to maximize my time in Nevada. Learned that from my wife!

Randy

Reaction score
I don’t plan looking for anything new. I just go to see my car wash friends, network a little and work the Hamilton booth.

Waxman, talk to me before you buy or commit to buy any vacuums. There is one brand you DON’T WANT!!!!

Starbuck’s NO WAY!!

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
In 24 hrs I will be in LV. I hope to meet a few of you guys. I even bought tickets to a Show- yes a spent a couple dollars. Chriss Angel at the luxor on Tue. Today was a 15hr day trying to prepare, and tomorrow will seem just as long working 10hrs and a late flight. I want to check out the light sabers on the arms of the new belanger IBA. Vacuums ,tokens,and Coinboxes with CC's. I sure hope the stimulus money comes thru. Or some decent WX.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
Just opened up the new wash but still go to see the latest and greatest stuff. Kinda recharges a person to go to these.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I don’t plan looking for anything new. I just go to see my car wash friends, network a little and work the Hamilton booth.

Waxman, talk to me before you buy or commit to buy any vacuums. There is one brand you DON’T WANT!!!!

Starbuck’s NO WAY!!
Aren't you from the land of Starbucks? I know when I was flushing $50,000 down the toilet building our drive-thru coffee shop, it seemed like most of the vendors were from Washington state.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I am staying at Treasure Island and was planning on looking over at the adult pool at Mirage, but my wife won't let me bring the binoculars :(

Red Baron

Reaction score
I am staying at Treasure Island and was planning on looking over at the adult pool at Mirage, but my wife won't let me bring the binoculars :(
There goes the neighborhood. :)

We're staying at TI also. Just printed out my boarding passes - Southwest makes ya jump thru hoops to print a boarding pass when you have paper tickets. Worth the extra effort though, at least I know at least 1 of my seatmates won't have bad breath and big elbows.

soapy

Reaction score
I also go to see friends. I am hoping that Randy can finally put away the 64 oz. prime rib at Jerrys Nugget. I will also get to see my daughter who is going to UNLV. I like to hook up in old school Vegas hangouts like the Peppermill across from Circus Circus and Batista's Italian across from Ballys. My dad took me to those places decades ago and they are still there so they must be doing something right.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Just ate breakfast at the Peppermill this morning! They do know how to serve large portions, thats for sure. I stay at the Riviera which is right next door.

Since I just finished building a new wash, and refurbing an old one, I'm not in the market for anything in particular. I just like to keep up to date with new equipments, trends in the wash industry, etc. I dont gamble, drink or smoke so sin city is a glitz fest for me. I always enjoy the trade show though.

Look forward to seeing you all at Tony Roma's Thursday night for the forum get together.

ScottV

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Well, The show is for sure a reduced version of a few years back. How ugly is it, different people can't agree. Whale and Waxman spent a lot of time in the booth with the gal in a bikini in it. I'm a little too old for that. Personally I think that the people here are more serious, but we will see how much this translates into sales. There are still a few booths where people are standing around with their arms creossed and or falling asleep while the potencial customers walk by.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We actually spent the most time with Uncle Sam. Went to the bikini girl booth and my wife has a much better bod:D, so was not glued to that booth by any means.

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
Perhaps the low turnout at the show will force the show promoters to offer more reasonable rates in the future. We are one of many companies that did not exhibit this year due to the slow economy and high cost of exhibiting.

The bottom line is the banks are being ridiculous about lending money for new car wash construction. I heard directly from a banker that car washes were number three on the list to NOT lend money for.

Until something is done to help move some money, I'm afraid growth will remain minimal and many businesses will remain frugal.

Red Baron

Reaction score
We actually spent the most time with Uncle Sam. Went to the bikini girl booth and my wife has a much better bod:D, so was not glued to that booth by any means.
Sorry I missed you, Wax. We had just 1 day for boothing. I didn't get to see the Survend booth either - don't know how I mised it.

Got some great info at the D&S booth that should help a lot, and their new entry light system is sexy, gonna get 2 of those.

Got to meet Randy Nix and Pat Hall at the Hamilton booth.