What's new

What keeps Mice Away/In Storage?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Besides moth balls. Any ideas are appreciated! T.I.A.

the waxman waxeth

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clarification: "what can be used, besides snakes and cats, to help keep mice from taking up residence in an automobile in storage?".

MEP001

Reaction score
Dang, I was gonna say "a cat."

Traps and poison won't keep them away, but it'll prevent them from building a home nearby.

Wash-A-Roo

Living off .25$
Reaction score
go get one of those rodent high pitch thangies that plug in the wall.... if you have power. not one of the cheap ones that you cant hear, I mean one of those that drive humans crazy. they work great at my wash....and in grandmas barn!

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
yep Cat's were at the top of my list. WorKed for the Egyptian mummies! Just intombs the felines for a millenium... when your long lost relatives open it up... I garentee NO MICE!

Glue traps near each wheel. Rat poison in the unit (they will most likely leave to find water as the warfarin causes internal hemorage).

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Glue traps and poison are in humane --just ask the gang who are opposed to current debate on the interrogation techniques. We used a glue trap once and when the mouse fought for its life dragging the trap I was sent into action to help the mouse. I picked up the mouse and trap with a tiny tiny pair of scissors removed the glue from each foot and then used some tissue on each foot to stick to the residue so he or she could not get stuck again. My wife was very proud of me--a point I was able to use to my advanage later. It is akin to the fishing catch and release program. She then bought the chirpers which have helped.This is certainly on par global warming fiction and I am awaiting the call from Norway.

Ted

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
I am plenty tough on matters that count. Why would you not hesitate to nail a rat and then ring your hands over treatment of the rats whose primary goal is to kill and your children? Priorities and the greater good!!!

Ted

Fabman

Reaction score
Fabric softener sheets

I use fabric softener sheets in my camper during the winter. Seems to work. I don't know why. I don't think they like the smell.