What's new

What is the slimmest and quietest drying system?

med5595

Reaction score
I am installing either a MarkVII choice wash or a Ryko Maxx 5. I am thinking about ditching the on board dryers and finding an off board drying system because it will speed up the wash and I also believe it will do a better job drying.

The two most important things for me are:
1) It needs to be as slim as possible, this is because by bay is only 28' long and I need every inch of track.
2) It needs to be very quiet because I have neighbors close to me and I don't want any complaints

Please recommend me some options, thank you!

Roz

Reaction score
Place dryer outside the exit as it will help with rail challenge and speed up the process.

You want the quietest dryer, it may cost you. There were several on display at NRCC in October. You probably can look up their advertising on the NRCC website.

Wrt the neighbors many machines have the ability to automatically turn off the wash and/or dryers based on time of day. Not ideal but some areas that are densely populated may require that concession

Provest
Aerodry
Premier
International Drying

I think these are the company names I recall from last month. No idea who has the quietest system. Good luck.

soapy

Reaction score
Many companies have quiet options for the dryer. It is basically a large shroud that goes over the inlet side of the dryer. I have sprayed the inside of these shrouds with a good rubberized undercoat that quieted the dryers even more. If Sonnys had top dryer to add to their Mammoth dryers I would recommend that. I have had good luck and results with them compared to my Ryko slimline dryers.

OurTown

Reaction score
Many companies have quiet options for the dryer. It is basically a large shroud that goes over the inlet side of the dryer. I have sprayed the inside of these shrouds with a good rubberized undercoat that quieted the dryers even more. If Sonnys had top dryer to add to their Mammoth dryers I would recommend that. I have had good luck and results with them compared to my Ryko slimline dryers.

I wonder if those inlet shrouds could be retrofitted to existing blowers. What do they look like?

soapy

Reaction score
Yes they can be retrofitted. They are just a big round disk that mounts over the inlet of the fan sitting back off a few inches. A plastic blower housing is quieter that a metal housing.