What's new

What is the average startup cost for a car wash?

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
Particularly how much would it cost if I bought one Washworld Profile And A razor edge with three self serve bays. Just need this info so when I get older I know what to expect how much it will cost. Thanks!

Rfreeman

Reaction score
No way of knowing because as you stated, "when you get older" which will be when next year or in 10 years, 15, 20???? Building cost are always on the rise. In my market, Dallas-Fort Worth, its not economical to build and very very few new SS + Autos are going in.

cityview

Reaction score
We also don't know where you are. I know you said "utah", but where in Utah?

Go to loopnet, find out the real estate cost. In some markets that is about $200k for a lot, others its 2M.

In my market its about $200k. Then estimate about 80-100k for the building, 25k for the grounds, 300k or so for your autos, and 50k for your self serves. That will get you in a ballpark.

So between 650k and 2.8m is my guess

Its trickier though because you do have financing options....

My guess is your best bet would be to buy an existing one and rehab. I think thats why so few new ones are going in. If I were to build one, I'd probably go with a Mikes-style conveyer system.

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I might buy an existing car wash if it's still for sale in the future. I'd probably gut the old Laserwash 4000 and put in a Razor.