What's new

What are these?

Mr.Turtle

Reaction score
04FC2639-563A-4B0A-BC82-7335B8D97741.jpeg
Does anyone know what those four canisters are? I’m still learning all the systems and different equipment types. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

MEP001

Reaction score
They are solenoid valves, but I can't even guess at what they're for. It looks like there's a check valve on the outlet of each one. It should be fun if you ever have to clean debris out of them.

Mr.Turtle

Reaction score
I believe the system I have is the D&S mini. It’s the closest stand I found that looks like mine. C8DEA12A-5C93-4B07-BDD0-D028F48A7351.jpeg C8DEA12A-5C93-4B07-BDD0-D028F48A7351.jpeg I’m in the process of going through and getting everything straightened out. All these threads in this forum have been incredibly helpful. Anyone happen to know what brand stand this is? I’m new to all this and learning so I’m just guessing it’s a D&S mini.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
That does look like a D&S stand. The dead giveaway is the Hydrominders and how they cut the top off the bracket, weld it back on sideways, then connect them all together with one hose to make it EXTRA difficult to service.

Mr.Turtle

Reaction score
That does look like a D&S stand. The dead giveaway is the Hydrominders and how they cut the top off the bracket, weld it back on sideways, then connect them all together with one hose to make it EXTRA difficult to service.
Lol! Yeah the lid is a huge pain in the ass because it hits the hydro minders(not to mention yr standing on a ladder)and if you don’t have back problems yet you’re going to trying to service the equipment on the bottom! So if anyone would know I would bet it’s you Mep, do you know where I can get a belt gaurd for this fabulous pain in the ass stand I’ve got? I’ve scoured the internet and I can find generic stuff I can modify but nothing that will bolt right up. I’m about to break down and just call D&S but I think there going to charge an arm and a leg.

MEP001

Reaction score
They make all their stainless components, so you'll have to get one from D&S and it will cost a fortune because they'll have to make it. There are some universal plastic ones out there that might work, I've never looked into them. The only reason mine are still on is because I designed the equipment and they're super easy to remove and put back on.

MEP001

Reaction score
I forgot about how weird that D&S stand is. Most washes keep hot water in the tank and supply cold for the pump from a solenoid. When I worked for a distributor we installed one and connected the water lines that way. We figured out pretty quickly that the tank holds cold and the solenoids need hot for the soap selection. I forget how it works but there was either a regulator for the hot feed or a small valve somewhere to throttle the flow so the pump could still pull soap. It's a terrible setup and would be easy to reverse by just moving the solenoid wires from soap to rinse, or if you're running all cold just disconnect them.