What's new

What 2 Step to use?

NickM

Reaction score
I have 6 Vectors that use the Hi PH - Low PH 2 step pre soak system. I currently use chemicals from the Magic Finish line made by Cul-Mac Industries. It does a decent job of cleanibg but costs are getting a little out of hand. The latest increase puts the Low PH (Lightning 2X) at $335 for 30 gal. The Hi PH (Liquid Friction) is up to $344 for 30 gal. There have been 2 increases in the past year raising the price about $75 a drum. Since I use 10-15 drums a month, this adds up. My question is are these prices in line with what everyone else is paying? Anyone have suggestions for cheaper chemicals that actually clean a car? Or should I bite the bullet, shut the hell up and keep paying the increases?

MEP001

Reaction score
You can't compare costs without a per-car cost. About all you can do to shop is to figure out your costs and either try other chemicals or ask others what their Vector costs per car on them. What I'm using is now $1,000 a drum, it lasts a month, but that tells you nothing without the cars it covers.