What's new

Welcome to the Forum Air Lift Doors

pitzerwm

Reaction score
The forum is happy to welcome Air Lift Doors as a sponsor. I'm sure that they will provide value to our operators and we will add value to their bottom line.

Josh Hart

Reaction score
Red Baron,

We do not have a specified dealer in your area. However, we can work with any local overhead door company. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
I have them on all of my IBA bays. The Magna Glide is a great product, the company is very responsive to any issues I have ever had.

This is a great add to your site Bill!

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
It was 6 degrees when I got here this morning and both of my doors were open. Once I got things thawed out the cars started lining up but most of the time my entrance door is not closing. If I go out and scrub a little on the photo eyes (the little black buttons) then I can go push the close button and the door will close. I'm pretty tired of doing this as you can imagine. The eyes are very clean but the door is usually not closing. Any suggestions?
Thanks

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
Check the Receiver Photo-Eye

It was 6 degrees when I got here this morning and both of my doors were open. Once I got things thawed out the cars started lining up but most of the time my entrance door is not closing. If I go out and scrub a little on the photo eyes (the little black buttons) then I can go push the close button and the door will close. I'm pretty tired of doing this as you can imagine. The eyes are very clean but the door is usually not closing. Any suggestions?
Thanks
The photo eyes do not last forever. Replacements are available from Kleen-Rite (look for Telco). I have seen that they go intermittent before they go dead. Nine times out of ten it's the receiver, not the transmitter. You can check the transmitter with the camera of your cell phone. For some reason the cell phone camera can "see" the infrared light.

If the door will flat oiut not close, pull the photoeye relay. If the door closes, you have isolated the problem to the photoeye system. If the door doesn't close, you have other problems.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try the cell phone when I get there this afternoon. I called Overhead Door and they reccomended adjusting the sensitivity. He said that if they closed sometimes it was likely just an adjustment. It closes 95% of the time but I'm afraid to not close at night with the temps we've been having.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Somthing you might do is add some switches that will call your alarm company/you if the time or temp says that the door should be closed and they are not. That's what I did.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Somthing you might do is add some switches that will call your alarm company/you if the time or temp says that the door should be closed and they are not. That's what I did.
Unfortunately that is well beyond my electronic capability. I had a 50/50 shot at adjusting the sensitivity the right direction and did that wrong!