What's new

Weird Hamilton AC/4 Problem

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
My Ac/4 bill acceptor freezes up if the customer puts quarters in first. Keeps saying X amount dollars due, but will not even try to accept a bill. I have to give customer quarters to finish transaction.

MEP001

Reaction score
What kind of bill acceptor? If it's a Hamilton unit it will flash an error code on the side. A dot and half-digit means it's disabled by the controller.

Randy

Reaction score
What model controller are you running in your ACW-4? Is the controller a 2 line or a single line controller? How do you reset the machine when it freezes up? I think you need to give us more information.

Randy

Reaction score
A “6” error code is a cheating attempt, if it ends with a “4” the side scan sensors are out of adjustment or calibration. When was the last time you calibrated the validator? I’d try cleaning and re-calibrating the validator before I get to anything else. What version is the validator, it'll be on the side of the validator? It should be a v3.60. When was the last time it was serviced, it will also be on the side of the validator. The optimum thing to do would be to convert it over to a Mars validator. I'll PM you the XE validator manual and the calibration procedure.

Last edited:

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
A “6” error code is a cheating attempt, if it ends with a “4” the side scan sensors are out of adjustment or calibration. When was the last time you calibrated the validator? I’d try cleaning and re-calibrating the validator before I get to anything else. What version is the validator, it'll be on the side of the validator? It should be a v3.60. When was the last time it was serviced, it will also be on the side of the validator. The optimum thing to do would be to convert it over to a Mars validator. I'll PM you the XE validator manual and the calibration procedure.
Have no clue, only owned a wash for a month, still gathering info.