What's new

Weepmizer settings

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Hi.. What temp do you set your weepmizer to come on? Factory default is 35, but if it's 35 in the middle of the day, the lines get blown out with water and it takes a long time for F/Brush and Triple foam to reach the wand properly.. if that make sense.. Would 33 degrees be SAFE?
Thanks,
Doug

Randy

Reaction score
I have mine set to come on at 33 degrees. That's the problem here in the Pacific northwest, the temperature will hover right around in the low 30's sometimes all day.

Twodose

Reaction score
you said "blow out with water" so I was wondering. I keep mine at 35 to be safe and never had a freeze up. So you blow your HP lines out with air also? I would think that still could freeze if it got cold enough, there is always some moisture even in air.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
I have mine set to come on at 33 degrees. That's the problem here in the Pacific northwest, the temperature will hover right around in the low 30's sometimes all day.
Thanks Randy.. I need some help setting from 35 t0 33 on Weepmizer .. Kinda confusing for me.. :)

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I start to weep 10% at 37, at 25 its weeping 100%. Yes its calibrated, I have it set there from trial & error experience.
I get a steady wind through my bays, when temps are in the low-ish 30s sometimes the tip of the wand freezes. Weeping sooner prevents that for me.

slash007

Reaction score
I start to weep 10% at 37, at 25 its weeping 100%. Yes its calibrated, I have it set there from trial & error experience.
I get a steady wind through my bays, when temps are in the low-ish 30s sometimes the tip of the wand freezes. Weeping sooner prevents that for me.
I have one site set to come on at 36, but at a higher output than what's standard. I raised the output times on all 3 thresholds and that made a big difference. Wind kills me there too. Other site I left it at factory and it's been fine other than this past year.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to apply a temperature offset at the weepmizer level? I've seen that you can adjust the sensors but one of my weepmizers is about 5 degrees off and I have 2 sensors connected to it.. when I plug in my spare weepmizer it reads correctly. Do I need to send it in to be fixed?

Randy

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a way to apply a temperature offset at the weepmizer level? I've seen that you can adjust the sensors but one of my weepmizers is about 5 degrees off and I have 2 sensors connected to it.. when I plug in my spare weepmizer it reads correctly. Do I need to send it in to be fixed?
There are 2 different model Weepmizers, one with a Gray sensor wire and the other with the Yellow sensor wire. Do you have the Gray sensor wire or the Yellow sensor wire? The Weepmizer with the Gray sensor wire you can adjust it in the field. The Weepmizer with the Yellow sensor wire can’t be adjusted in the field, you have to send it in to Dixmor.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Hi Randy, I sent you a PM, did you get it..? not really sure how to send P Messages..

Overachiever

Reaction score
There are 2 different model Weepmizers, one with a Gray sensor wire and the other with the Yellow sensor wire. Do you have the Gray sensor wire or the Yellow sensor wire? The Weepmizer with the Gray sensor wire you can adjust it in the field. The Weepmizer with the Yellow sensor wire can’t be adjusted in the field, you have to send it in to Dixmor.
I have the gray wire. I have two sensors plugged into the weepmizer though, was told it would use whatever one reads lower.

I guess I was hoping if my weepmizer that reads the correct temperature ever takes a crap I could just plug in my other weepmizer that reads 5 degrees warm and press a few buttons on it to get it to read like my other does, but sounds like if this scenario ever arises i'll just need to adjust one of the sensors.

Randy

Reaction score
The Gray wire sensor is easy to adjust in field. Placement of the sensors is probably the most important part of installing a weepmizer system. You want to mount the sensor on the North side of the building in the shade, not near any heat source, floor heat, lights etc. you also want to mount the sensor on a bracket about 6" away from the building.

copperglobe

Reaction score
I'm going back to weeping foam brush from using methanol soap (too expensive- $4.50 a gallon in my area).

Flow rate through foam brush: I've been told that it should be a little more/faster that a rapid drip. Does that seem right?

Markkkk

Reaction score
I have one site set to come on at 36, but at a higher output than what's standard. ABB HMI CP430BI raised the output times on all 3 thresholds and that made a big difference.

Randy

Reaction score
I'm going back to weeping foam brush from using methanol soap (too expensive- $4.50 a gallon in my area).

Flow rate through foam brush: I've been told that it should be a little more/faster that a rapid drip. Does that seem right?
We weep about 14oz. from each foam brush and gun every 60 seconds at full on.