What's new

Weepmizer Malfunction Again

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it's on all the time! tep is 46deg and it's set for turn on at 34. New therm and showing out side temp correctly? If I go into programing mode and change turn on to 1 deg more then outside temp it will shut off for about 3 sec and then come back on? Is this P.O.S. broke again or am I missing something:mad:

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I assume you've already checked to make sure you have it wired for the right valve time (NO vs NC)? Sometimes I make silly mistakes like that!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Call Nic over at Dixmor, he should be able to help you troubleshoot your issue over the phone.

On a different note, seeing as how I'm in the deep freeze here in Michigan, be prepared to have the weepmizer on non-stop with what is headed your way! Good luck Dave, this one is brutal!

Randy

Reaction score
I talked to Waxman and he thinks he’s using a DEMA 0412 plunger style solenoid valve and its stuck open, like they do. He can hear the solenoid click.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Just thought I had the same problem yesterday. Took the NO dema solenoid apart and cleaned it up. Started working again. Keep in mind when output light is on NO valve should not weep.

Reaction score
I talked to Waxman and he thinks he’s using a DEMA 0412 plunger style solenoid valve and its stuck open, like they do. He can hear the solenoid click.
Thats what it sounds like to me to just because you hear it click does not mean that it is working, i have only had a few problems with weepmizers they are a very good unit

sprocket

Reaction score
The dema n/o valves are not a very good valve, buy a asco n/o valve. Twice the money three times the valve.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! Fixing this tomorrow; got busy detailing today and running around and selling gift cards (wahoo!).

Will update if u care.:p

Randy

Reaction score
Of all the Weepmizers I’ve sold over the years they are either installed wrong by the operator or they use a DEMA Plunger style normally open solenoid valve, which will stick open or closed in time.

Some of the things I’ve seen over the years:

Follow the installation and wiring instructions in the manual. I’ve seen new Weepmizers burned up because they connected the wrong wire to the wrong place on the Weepmizer.

The Weepmizer is not water proof or water resistant. When you mount the Weepmizer on the wall installed somewhere where it’s less likely to get wet or install it in an enclosure or use spray protection.

If you have to splice the wires to the solenoid valve cover the connections so they don’t short out the Weepmizer, when this happens it ruins the main board, before the fuse blows.

Use only high quality diaphragm type solenoid valve. The cheaper plunger type solenoid valve will hang up either closed or open when you need it to work.

In the summer months don’t unplug the Weepmizer. There is a small battery that holds the program memory inside the Weepmizer. When you unplug the Weepmizer this battery takes over holding the memory and it will slowly discharge. When you plug it back in in the fall there a good chance that it might not work.

Whenever I install a Weepmizer I always put a ball valve on the water supply that feeds the weep solenoid valve so I can turn off the weep water in the summer and I put a switch on the power to the solenoid so I can shut of the power to the solenoid valve.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
With regard to cutting power to or splicing wires to solenoid valves.
After years of headachs with hardwired (Wire nut connection) solenoid valces and issues with shorts or shocks trying to replace / repair, I now set them up so all have a wire with a plug that fits a standard 110 volt outlet and all juice is supplied to such an outlet whenever possible. So, when it's time to replace or cut the power to the valve I simply unplug it. No more shock or short issues.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is 24Vdc. I replaced valve w/ a spare Dema I had. Needed an adaptor for the plumbing but Got R Dun.

Thanks All!:D

Randy

Reaction score
It should be 24 volts AC not DC

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Of course you are right Randy.:eek:

Rookie here everybody!;)

And thanks for the tips. I need to do a few more of them. Some I got already (ball valve).

Etowah