What's new

weep water usage

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Generally I like it when my water bill is high. The higher it is the more cars I washed. This months usage was double last months usage but I didn't wash twice as many cars. It was very cold all month. It's not possible to weep $400 worth of water in a 4 bay is it? Should I be looking for a leak?
Thanks
Jim

MEP001

Reaction score
If you've been weeping four wands and brushes 24/7 for a month, I'll bet it is. Have you looked at using a WeepMizer or an antifreeze purge?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have a weep mizer. I had the valve pretty much open through the month because I didn't think I would be using that much water and it's been pretty cold. 4 degrees this morning, now it's 40 and my doors are open. That's Kentucky.

Eric H

Reaction score
The weepmizer has a function that will show how many minutes for weep you ran. It needs to be manually reset.
You would need to measure the actual amount of water per minute that you weep and then multiply how long it ran to find your actual water use.

mmurra

Reaction score
In cold weather equipment will FREEZE FAST! Better to waste a litle water than to spend hours fixing freeze-up problems.

mjc3333

Reaction score
I've used a weep mizer for the past 15 years. I have it set to start at 35 F 90% off 10% on, then at 25 F 50% on 50% off, then at 15 F 90%on 10%off. It cycles every 30 seconds. I have not had any freeze ups due to the weep mizer. If the temp. is below ~13 F the weep mizer runs wide open. If the temps. were below 15-20 F for an extended amount of time, your bill could in fact be that high. The weep mizer saves $ when the temps are between the set temps. 35 - 15 F for my settings. Below that it's no different than having the water valve wide open. You could run the cycle at a shorter time frame still using the same amont of water.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting your weeps on the guns?

Are you also weeping foam brushes and foaming conditioner guns? They have needle valves on them to adjust

Weepmizer is a "must have" where sewer bills are high I bet you would have paid for half of it last month.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have never touched my weep mizer in 6 years. It has always served me well and I never really considered the cost until I got this bill. I never really noticed an extra cost for weep in the past. I expected my gas bill to be high in Jan. I just didn't expect my water bill to be so high and the extra weep is the only explanation that I can come up with.