What's new

Web Cams

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing web cams to coin boxes, vending machines, etc. to catch criminals faces who try to break in? Maybe get them to record along with the camera system?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I have several wyze cams, very happy with them. I've thought about using wyze cams for exactly that - vending, bay coin boxes, etc.
Havent done it because I'd need to provide power - 5 vdc. OK not so hard with a POE switch to inject the power, cat6 cable, and a POE splitter / microusb adapter. But at that point I've run all the wire & equipment for regular ip cameras, so I'd probably just put those in.

Yes Im sure there are easier/cheaper ways to power it - looking forward to hearing them :)

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I saw a guy on YouTube rig up a solar powered battery bank and says it works flawless unless the sun doesn't want to play.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I remember seeing someone discussing or installed some "pin hole" cameras that looked pretty good. A few months ago I was looking for that thread and couldn't find it. How big are these wyze cams? I would like to put something in the Hamilton changer to keep an eye on the status light of the bill acceptor and the qtr level in the hoppers

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I remember seeing someone discussing or installed some "pin hole" cameras that looked pretty good. A few months ago I was looking for that thread and couldn't find it. How big are these wyze cams? I would like to put something in the Hamilton changer to keep an eye on the status light of the bill acceptor and the qtr level in the hoppers
Freeman you should get a Wyze cam, they'll work great for your application. They have a magnetic base which should attach right to your cabinet and they swivel and tilt. We're using them to watch some input cards and pressure gauges on our one automatic to try to catch an intermittent problem. Be sure to get a MicroSD card so you can record continuously.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a wi-fi camera won't be able to send a video signal through the cabinet of a changer.

Randy

Reaction score

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a wi-fi camera won't be able to send a video signal through the cabinet of a changer.
You can find out for the low low price of $25. Not to mention, whether it works or not, you'll find plenty of applications for the wyze cam. Dont forget, you can also use a wyze plug with it and remotely control whatever you plug into it.