What's new

Waxing I guess.

redbelly

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2006 Saturn and the clear coat is coming off the trunk, that's the only spot on the car. there is one spot that is now bare metal. I want to stop it from rusting. besides wax what should I use for it, I don't plan on keeping the car very much longer, So spending money on paint is not going to happen. I got turtle wax performance plus super hard shell paste wax to put on it. Like I've heard of paint sealant and oxidation remover or something. Should I get that stuff?

Also I'm getting a probably black Kia in a few months, any advice on taking care of that? I used to wash the Saturn every weekend and wax it once a month before someone rear ended it and the sunroof started to leak. Will that work for the new car fine? or should I get paint sealant ect?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2006 Saturn and the clear coat is coming off the trunk, that's the only spot on the car. there is one spot that is now bare metal. I want to stop it from rusting. besides wax what should I use for it, I don't plan on keeping the car very much longer, So spending money on paint is not going to happen. I got turtle wax performance plus super hard shell paste wax to put on it. Like I've heard of paint sealant and oxidation remover or something. Should I get that stuff?

Also I'm getting a probably black Kia in a few months, any advice on taking care of that? I used to wash the Saturn every weekend and wax it once a month before someone rear ended it and the sunroof started to leak. Will that work for the new car fine? or should I get paint sealant ect?
on the rust or peeling paint i'd use traditional body shop methods; sand, prep, seal, prime, paint.

on a new car i'd use Collinite 476S

redbelly

Reaction score
it wasn't rusting yet, but I did carefully wash the area and wax it too. and its not coming off anymore. plus the entire car looks better like I used to keep it. After doing the wax, I will look for another metallic paint, because I forgot how good it looks under even cheap waxes.