What's new

Water Wizard 1.0 Refurbish

soonermajic

Reaction score
Yeh, hot PS works best, according to all the experts. Which I am certainly not one.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Also, just saw there's an empty, clean Automatic bay for rent there. Might be worth looking into. It is on CL there.
You'd need to put in an IBA, but lools like the structure is sound.
Put up white panels, new IBA, & may be a money maker....?

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Also, just saw there's an empty, clean Automatic bay for rent there. Might be worth looking into. It is on CL there.
You'd need to put in an IBA, but lools like the structure is sound.
Put up white panels, new IBA, & may be a money maker....?
I saw that availability but I’m not sure what the potential is with it. There is actually anther car Wash a block away from that gas station I have been waiting to go on the market.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Small World indeed… so my water wizard, on the first presoak the boom doesn’t go all the way down to the rear of the vehicle. I have been reading the manual and originally thought it must be one of those telco eyes not registering the vehicle height. Upon further review that must not be the case, the other functions do go all the way down in the rear. Now I see there is a boom down timer for each pass. Maybe this is my issue. Does anyone know how to check what it currently set at?
Yes, on the first generation wizards the boom down time is set in the recipe and is measured in seconds- I can't remember whether seven or eight seconds is max. Once is gets all the way down the bottom boom prox should stop it. Sorry, I haven't owned a first generation wizard in Years and am a bit rusty.

ETA- The can eyes can cause the boom to terminate dropping too.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
The machine looks great. I know TSS signs can make a new backprinted lens, but they're expensive. Maybe a local sign shop?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I would also get all new spray nozzles. I use 0503 IMEG from Kleen Rite. The bottom three on each side are supposed to be 04s but I just use 3's everywhere to keep it simple. KR part number I believe is SNI0503M4.

First generation wizards don't have the programming flexibility of the 2.0s but are good units that will outclean most inverted Ls with the right chemistry due to the impact of the 5 degree nozzles..

toddmullens

Reaction score
Thanks, I got this issue corrected by us just if the boom down timer. I shined up the old equipment pretty well. Now does anyone have a good upgrade idea for the sign that says what feature the machine is on?
Looks good but I hope you didn’t use stainless steel cleaner on the gantry. First couple washes, it’s going to come off and on to the car being washed. It will leave an oily film on the cars until it’s all washed off the gantry. Learned that lesson the hard way.

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Looks good but I hope you didn’t use stainless steel cleaner on the gantry. First couple washes, it’s going to come off and on to the car being washed. It will leave an oily film on the cars until it’s all washed off the gantry. Learned that lesson the hard way.
Thanks, We used nu-wall and a razor blade scraper to clean it up.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You can use white scotch brite pads without fear of scratching on stainless. They are very gentle. Obviously needs gloves if using HF