What's new

Water Well + City Sewer/Questions

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My local water department is attempting to require my new building next to my wash to have its own completely separate water service. This could become a problem. I was given permission by the proper authority to connect to my existing service, but the water commission has raised objections.

One option I may have is to drill a well for the new building. However, the sewer dept. has no comparison -type business listed to calculate a sewer rate.

Does anyone else have a well and city sewer? If so, do you know how you are charged for sewer?

Does anyone here use a well to supplement their carwash water supply? How are you billed for that?

Sewer dept. says they do not meter, so that idea is out. Seems pretty simple to me to install a water meter on an incoming well line and check it every quarter when they send bills out, but apparently that is not their policy and they have no intention of changing it.

Help! Thanks.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Go to the people that said that you could hook them together and get help, also go chat with the mayor and council people, try to get help for them changing the rules. You probably can't drill a well for drinking only irrigation.

You should have already done the connections.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The water superintendant was the one who conceived the idea of a meter pit and teeing off to both carwash and detail shop. present at the meeting where it was discussed were town manager, water and sewer superintendants. i was all ready to connect and a member of the water commissioners board, an elected board of 3 that oversees water dept., raised an objection and I was told they could turn off my water if I connected in an improper fashion. at a loss here. frustrated. backed in a corner. i may bite! watch out! :eek:

AdamA

Reaction score
Sewer metering may be an option. That way they know how much to charge. City-meter has a unit for $650. I am exploring metering to save paying sere on drive-off and evaporation.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Adam,.
I am also looking at City - Meter for my car wash, and wonder if you have any information on other car wash owners who have this system.

I have requested user list from City-Meter but so far have not received any information other that product info.

AdamA

Reaction score
Tom,

I haven't asked for references, but would be interested in anything you find out. At $650 even a 10% savings would be worth it to me. My IBA sprays a lot of water around and we have very low humidity all year, so I bet I am losing a lot.

Have a long drive home tomorrow, so I am going to call my City and see how far I get on that end.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I did make a call to the local sewer dept here in Orlando, they had no idea what i was asking about.

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
I have well plus city water/sewer at one of my washes. The boro has a water meter on the city water line and I am charged for both water and sewer on that one. They supplied me with an additional meter to put on my well. I am only charged for the sewage on my well water based on the gallons I pump from the well. Pretty simple and accurate.