What's new

Water Valve As Seen on TV

Jeff_L

Reaction score
i read through a plumbers forum the other day about this, they all said this is the next "snake oil". one point they brought up which i thought was "duh"....the claim is all about the air, well....does this device have some type of auto-bleed valve to eliminate the air it is supposedly removing?

i'm a skeptic...

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Paul Fazio is a good businessman and car wash guy so I assume it works. I still would wait to consider it until they offer some form of proof.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I wonder if MEP has it, you don't reduce pressure, but if you reduce the flow rate, that might be a problem. If you stick a restriction in a pipe would it accomplish the same thing?

It should be easy to prove like cfcw says.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
if someone is planning to go buy one to test it out, i recommend what i read in one of the blogs. under the terms and conditions, you may be agreeing to a "rental fee" of the product. i couldn't find the t's&c's on their website, but make sure you read the fine print.

note: this is not verified, but since this product is raising so many red flags with people, that might be something you don't want to overlook.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Sounds like the "Get better gas mileage", by "spinning" the gas flow in the line. There are more scams than good deals, so do your homework.
I have a foolproof technique that guarantees to improve your mileage in any vehicle. After you pump your gas and the pump shuts off, simply hold the filling lever open and lift the loop in the hose to drain the 1/4 - 1/2 gallon in the hose. :)

I actually used to do this when I was young, then it finally dawned on me that I was cheating the next customer.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
It seems like the only way it can do what it claims is by restricting the flow. It does claim that it doesn't reduce the pressure, but that's not the same thing. The place it would save the most money without having obvious adverse effects would be with the sprinklers.
I see on their website you can buy the residential version for 39.95. If someone had a separate residential meter on their sprinklers they could test it. I am in the process of installing a separate meter on my sprinklers to avoid the sewer charge. I would try it but I don't have any "before installation" data yet.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Seductive & tillilating???

Towards the end of the posts on this below plumbing forum thread there is a very convincing post & a more thorough explanation by a Phd Engineer who graciously shares his expertise.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?34258-Airless-Valve

E Caveat Emptor?:D:D:D

One more point ----- There is such a thing as healthy skepticism! I can't count the number of times where I have in as few of words as possible tried to bring out something better in a variety of vendors & contractors & even from some of our so called leaders & legislators etc ----- where they have tried to make me the repulsive bad guy (sniff sob poor me)! Good thing that some of us have the courage & the internet as a tool used in a good way to offset some of these lesser value items. In the case of our friend Earl (a prominent Chicago lawyer) ----- he has soooo much education! Just tryin to shed some light! For us country folks ---- tryin ---- is a word by the way!

MJ