What's new

Water Softner's rebed cost?

Reaction score
How much have you paid to have your watersoftner rebeded? We have a double which are 6 cubic feet each, and how long have they lasted????:rolleyes:

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
2 tank softener + carbon filter (end of 2008)
$1,100 - product, labor and taxes

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not hard to do - the resin is $50-75 a cubic foot, the gravel is dirt cheap (No pun intended).

Did you get a quote from Culligan? They're really high.

If this is your wash in Burnet, they're 7 cubic feet each, not six.

Reaction score
It's not hard to do - the resin is $50-75 a cubic foot, the gravel is dirt cheap (No pun intended).

Its marble falls and they are smaller then burnets.

I should have done it myself.

I got ripped off.

Reaction score

The water softner folks in burnet did them and really got to me.....

MEP001

Reaction score
You should still have my phone number - PM me if you don't. I can talk you through doing it.

Bob-O

Reaction score
MEP001 is right Idid mine last year myself, cost me $50 a cubic foot. it's real simple to do.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know why some of the smaller companies charge so much. I've seen softener repair bills that were more than it would have cost to replace the whole softener. A local company charged a guy more for a used charcoal filter head as the whole thing tank and all would have cost to replace. I was short one bag of resin for a job once and paid $140 from a local company - we only paid $30 a bag as a distributor.

Rudy

Reaction score
Where are you guys finding resin in the $50 range? I spent some time on the internet, and nothing seems close to this.

It seems that the 8% resin is what is offered most of the time. Is this the product that's needed?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Rudy have you tried wood brothers industries? I haven't priced their resin but they have always have good prices on other components. Ask for Russ.

mac

Reaction score
The size of these softeners in question is what caught my eye. They're huge. Lately I've just been using the soft water for mixing the chemicals and the RO. Done this to 3 or 4 places and no complaints about quality. It will literally save you a ton on salt.

Rudy

Reaction score
Thanks CFCW for the word on Wood Bros. A brief call revealed that they sell resin for $47/cu ft.

What is the trick to getting the old resin out? Is it possible to vacuum or pump them clean?

MEP001

Reaction score
You stuff a hose into the tube in the center to keep the tank full of water and just siphon the resin out. Once there's nothing left but gravel you siphon the water out, and the tank is light enough for one person to move.