What's new

Water Recycling System?

gpark1234

Reaction score
Hello, the owner of a car wash I'm planning on buying suggest on putting in a new water recycle system for $15,000, and he said that I would make that back the first year.

Is this true and has anyone have experience in these?

Thanks again.

MikeV

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that you can get any kind of decent reclaim system for only $15k. Keep in mind that you will need to do extensive ground work to install the tanks. Also, a 1 year payback seems a little (lot) optimistic unless your water rates are astronomical. I'd do a little more investigating on that one.

mac

Reaction score
If this owner is lying to you about this, what else is he lying about? If he's not lying then he's just dumb. No way ANY reclaim system will pay for itself in a year, especially using it with self serve. Be very careful with this. It might be worth the money for you to pay someone who knows the equipment part of the business to come and evaluate it.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
There is no way any reclaim system can pay back in 1 year especially at that price. Use of most reclaim water in a self service is very limited compared to an automatic or tunnel. There are some systems that make it feasible to use reclaim in the detergents but those cost a great deal more than $15,000. Like the others have said, be very careful with this. Sounds like the person trying to sell you this either doesn't know what he is talking about or is trying to deceive you.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yeah, $15,000 is about twice our annual water bills, so even if it magically conjured water from thin air it couldn't pay for itself in a year.