What's new

water/freeze/co2 detection

soapy

Reaction score
My CO2 detector at one wash gave up the ghost so I went to Home Depot to get a replacement. While there I noticed KIDDE had a small hockey puck sized water and freeze detector for around $40. Battery operated and notifies you through your email or cell phone using your wifi. Simple to program with a phone app and just set it on the floor. No monthly fees and it will notify you when the batteries are getting low. This would have saved me 100K last year with a home flood and could do the same at my car washes. Model 60WLDR-W. If you don't have a CO2 detector at your wash now is a good time to get one for your own safety.

Ryancross11

Reaction score
I have water detection, temp limits, and all of my lights and doors on a smart home system. Works really nice. Especially for Minnesota winters.

bert79

Reaction score
What brand do you use Ryancross11? This seems like a good idea for us too.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
What brand do you use Ryancross11? This seems like a good idea for us too.
I have a friend using yolink and he says it's awesome for the price. They have the usual smart home stuff and in addition They have alarm sensors and vibration detectors that he has had success with installing on his meter boxes too.

Roz

Reaction score
Govee leak and temp alert works well for us.

semocarwasher

Reaction score
We use the ring alarm/camera system as an add on to our camera system. We added the water detection sensor and have a couple of cloud based cameras. Added these after a break in where we had the DVR stolen. The water leak detector has been a great add on though to be notified for a leak. It has paid for itself over and over. I like being able to use the same app for my washes and house.