What's new

water back feeding into wash soap

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem with water back feeling into my high pressure wash soap in all three of my bays ? I have attached a couple of pictures for reference. I find it hard to believe all three pump seals are bad, I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I have only owned it for about 4 yrs and have never had a problem. thank you for your time.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
Have you taken apart the soap solenoid valves, checking for debris? It could be a check valve that's coming off the bypass line that has debris in it. But I find it odd that all the bays are doing it unless you have a lot of debris in your soap tank.

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
Have you taken apart the soap solenoid valves, checking for debris? It could be a check valve that's coming off the bypass line that has debris in it. But I find it odd that all the bays are doing it unless you have a lot of debris in your soap tank.
I totally drained my tank and tried again.... the soap draws from the tank fine its the water coming from the pump .....all the bays suddenly doing it is the stumper !

Randy

Reaction score
Maybe a bad Check valve

MEP001

Reaction score
Solenoids don't have any way to stop flow in the reverse direction. I know that the two solenoids side by side are soap and wax, I assume the third one is cold water rinse. Does water come out the soap line all the time or only when the pump is running? "All the bays doing it" means what exactly, when you remove the soap line water comes out the barb? Does water come out only on one bay and only when rinse is selected but when you select soap with that line off the barb the pressure drops almost to nothing? If the last one best fits, the check valve inline after the solenoids is bad.

If you don't run hot water, just shut off the supply to the rinse solenoid.

Strava

Reaction score
When you say bad check valve do you mean this valve? I'm having the same problem & trying to find a solution.
it came down to all 3 bad check valves I appreciate everyones help.