What's new

watch security cameras from your iphone!!

carwash27

Reaction score
i would just like to put this out there-- there is an app called RDM+ that you can install on your iphone for $9.99 and then you must download free software to the computer where the feed from your DVR is on at all times. http;//www.rdmplus.com/rdm/iphone download.html and you can see your security cameras. I have been using this for a week and it works great. It took less than 10 minutes to set up.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Will this work with a GE Interlogix DVR system? I tried researching it and could not get any info.

carwash27

Reaction score
i have a 16 channel speco technologies system that i view from home-which is very similar to the system you have. the rdm+ is a remote access desktop application that would seem to work for any system as long as your viewing computer is always on, whether it is directly tied into your system or at your house will work. my dvr does not have a pc attached to it.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Will this work with a GE Interlogix DVR system? I tried researching it and could not get any info.
Buzzie8 & carwash27

We also have the Kalatel Interlogix system. Have you been successful with the alarm contact portion of the system? It seems that if the software that carwash27 is using is a type of remote desktop you would think it would work allowing the software & isolating the cameras & even seeing the alarm conditions would be possible. We are still using the WaveReader software for the GE but are aware of their newer Nav 3.0 software but have not tried it yet. With a remote desktop type of software like that RDM+ the DVR software we are using should function the same as on our desktop you would think. WaveReader has an SDK to allow a key snippet of code to be integrated ---- that should make it so an alarm event could actually alert us because obviously we can't be looking at the phone continuously. I got an official response from GE tech that they do not have a mobile version of their 2 softwares for the DVMRe Triplex units but ---- who cares ----all that means is that it won't work directly via the ethernet address of the DVR.

Thoughts anyone?

bigleo48

Reaction score
My Geovision systems have the iphone app for free. However, I just have my cameras systems FTP a JPG of every camera, every 15 seconds (a snapshot if you will).

Then I made a very simple webpage that will show these JPGs and refresh every 10 seconds. That way I can bring it up very quickly on anything that connects to the web.

For example, if I am on the road, I just bring it up on my phone and I can see if everything is in order, or if I have to drop in and clean up.

Cheers...Big Leo

Etowah

dpessler

Reaction score
I have a Blackberry & Geovision @ my wash. Can someone please tell me how to set it up?
Thanks! Doug

bigleo48

Reaction score
I have a Blackberry & Geovision @ my wash. Can someone please tell me how to set it up?
Thanks! Doug
doug,

Not sure if Geovision supports the blackberry with an app. If they do, you must have a recent sw version on the server, a static ip address or a ddns service, open the required tcp/udp ports on the route and point the app to it.

If no app exists and your not savvy in pc networking, take a 2 year college course or have someone who knows this stuff to help.

Big

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I figured this out when I realized that the mobile app is just like "GotomyPC". I linked my Iphone to my home computer and I can open and view my wash cameras or work on anything else i want that is located on my home computer from my Iphone.

Rudy

Reaction score
I watch my wash with my Android phone and GeoVision system. I get several frames per second and it's invaluable.

It is also possible to remotely control your Windows computer (at the wash) using a VNC program and Android. I keep wash count's on my computer, and the VNC client makes it nice to be able to see how many cars I'm washing that day.

bigleo48

Reaction score
And VNC is free, plus they have an iphone app. However you need to install/configure a free DDNS for a dynamic IP address, open the ports and setting a static internal IP address to the PC you want to reach works helps.

But this way and GotomyPC is relatively slow, gotta connect, bring up cameras, etc. I've done this and its a pain. My way of just FTPing still shots every 5 seconds or so is way easier and can be viewed from any PC connected to the web without any special software.

Big