What's new

Washworld Speed Controller Overload

Faceonglass

Reaction score
I had this issue come up today and have no idea what to make of it.

The wash goes through its normal cycles until switching over to the spot free rinse. Instead of going to a lower pressure, it gets slightly higher pressure than the high pressure rinse and then gets stuck on the front pass.

I think my main problem is I have no idea what the heck the speed controller looks like or is located.

Any ideas on this?

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Sounds like you have more than one issue here.

The speed controller is the large box with LED display in the bottom left of the Washworld UCC cabinet, and is used to drive the three motors on the Carriage and Trolley - It controls the speed of travel, and accelerates and decelerates the three motors.

The speed controller overload can be caused by several issues - The most common is a flat tire, or faulty proximity switch for one of the travel limits (Left, right, front, rear).

Basically, if the machine doesn't see a limit switch turn on then the machine will drive itself into the travel stops and stall the drive motor - this causes the speed controller overload.

Check your tires for 25-30 PSI first. Check the alignment of your proximity switches to the various flags - 3/16" should be the maximum clearance. I have had this sort of thing happen when the arch index proximity switch (The one reading the picket fence flag) either fails, or falls out of alignment.

If your tires are good, and the switches look okay, then try resetting the power the to the UCC cabinet - Shut it off, count to 20, then turn it back on. Make sure the machine is in home position at this point, and try again.

There could be several other issues including a faulty festoon cable, loose cable connection in one of the control boxes, faulty drive motor, jammed or wore out gear box, but the above are the most common things to look for.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
And I'm not sure why your spot free rinse is higher pressure than your regular HP Rinse, maybe some programming was changed or corrupted? That's why I suggested a power reset.