What's new

WashWorld Foam n Flow conversion

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Has anybody here who owns a Razor converted their Foam n Flow sheet to a Rain Bar style?, I've seen this on a few Razors and wind doesn't effect the effect or application it's the same concept the hyperflex on the new Razor has but for Gen 3 Razors.

Eric H

Reaction score
My Razors originally came with a plastic or fiberglass sheet under the spray bar. when the hot water would hit the sheet it would bend and cause the foam curtain to break up. I took out the sheet and ran it as a rain bar until WW came out with a upgrade kit that included new valves and a Stainless Steel sheet. The upgrade looks better but not as good as my Razor Edge machines and the foam curtain still take 10-12 seconds to form before I can move the machine down the car.
I do have a Mr Foamer bar that I want to install in the machine and eliminate the Foam curtain. I don't think the foam curtain really impresses the customer much at all.

Eric H

Reaction score
Does Washworld offer the Rain Bar style as an option from the get go over the curtain style? I only see it on their websites on the pictures of the Razor Edge.
No, but if you take the sheet out of the foam-n-flow it more or less becomes a rain bar. Though, I think you would want slightly larger holes than the foam-n-flow bar has

slash007

Reaction score
No, but if you take the sheet out of the foam-n-flow it more or less becomes a rain bar. Though, I think you would want slightly larger holes than the foam-n-flow bar has
That sucks. So do you get the rain bar on the Edge? Any idea why it's only on the Edge? Website doesn't mention a Rain Bar any where, even on the page for the Edge. Just shows a rain bar photo there and lava everywhere else.

slash007

Reaction score
Mr. Foamer does make a rain bar version. In fact, they recommend it for IBA use over the foam curtain. I can't seem to find out why Washworld shows one on their website but doesn't mention it anywhere. I feel like it would be easier to be consistent with the rain bar and no worry over the curtain breaking up.

Last edited:

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The Rain bar for the Razor Edge is for the Hyper-Flex feature nothing special in the design, I'm going to start experimenting with a few designs for my Gen 3 Razor for a rain bar it's totally doable but how........:unsure:

soonermajic

Reaction score
So, are you guys saying use MrFoamer, but make it a RainBar? If so, isn't that what was shown in Steve's video, by Mr Foamer?
Is it $2500 for Mr Foamer, including the LED?
Is this doable on the XR-7?

WWCornell

Reaction score
That sucks. So do you get the rain bar on the Edge? Any idea why it's only on the Edge? Website doesn't mention a Rain Bar any where, even on the page for the Edge. Just shows a rain bar photo there and lava everywhere else.
The rain bar is part of the HyperFlex option, along with two pods on each side of the machine. This, with SpectraRay and the LumenArch, are part of the Edge package. HyperFlex could be added to any Razor order, though, without the other Edge package options if you were only looking for HyperFlex.

slash007

Reaction score
The rain bar is part of the HyperFlex option, along with two pods on each side of the machine. This, with SpectraRay and the LumenArch, are part of the Edge package. HyperFlex could be added to any Razor order, though, without the other Edge package options if you were only looking for HyperFlex.
Thanks. Any way to add the rain bar to a new Razor without Hyperflex? If not, then why not? I figured Hyperflex is about mostly about the extra pods, but not sure.

WWCornell

Reaction score
Thanks. Any way to add the rain bar to a new Razor without Hyperflex? If not, then why not? I figured Hyperflex is about mostly about the extra pods, but not sure.
In addition to spot free rinse, HyperFlex can run 4 other products through the rain bar and the pods. The pods are important to fully cover the sides of a vehicle with product or fully rinse the sides of the vehicle with the spot free rinse. If you have further questions or would like to discuss a more personalized approach to exactly what you would like to use the rain bar or HyperFlex for, you can always contact us at sales@washworldinc.com :)

DiamondWash

Reaction score
For Gen 3 Razor owners there should be a way to retrofit the Foam n Flow Lava curtain to a Rain Bar style without too much modification, this would especially be helpful for sites that incorporate an open bay with no doors and in windy areas or like to leave their doors open during the summer. A lot of these Razor videos on youtube show the FnF feature with a lot of breaks in the foam curtain unless the exit door is closed or both are closed.

slash007

Reaction score
I was wrong, that rain bar style on the Edge is for other functions and not FnF. I thought the Edge put out the FnF using that bar, but it doesn't. It would have a 2nd bar for FnF. Washworld told me it would not be hard for them to modify one though.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I was wrong, that rain bar style on the Edge is for other functions and not FnF. I thought the Edge put out the FnF using that bar, but it doesn't. It would have a 2nd bar for FnF. Washworld told me it would not be hard for them to modify one though.
Technically it does, see my video: