What's new

Washgear Equip out by July

Jim

Reaction score
I just found out my Washgear equip purchased 22 months ago for my self service bays is not CPI compliant. I have to pull the equip out by July 2010 or face losing my merchant account which I need for my express tunnel. Washgear is telling me the I have to update my software version, which by itself is not a major expense. I also have to have high speed internet installed
which will cost me $101.00 per month. After that I could be paying as much as $350.00 per month for sytem scans to maintain PCI compliance. We average $798.00 per month in self serve credit sales. With a 50% profit margin there is nothing left.I sure wish I had know this before spending $15,000 for Washgear Equipment and Timer upgrades.

Jim

Reaction score
Just thought I should let you know that I love my Washgear Equip but the cost to maintain PCI compliance is to steep for me. Jim

richwells

Reaction score
PCI Scans

We get our PCI scans throught Trustwave. Only costs $299 a year.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I just found out my Washgear equip purchased 22 months ago for my self service bays is not CPI compliant. I have to pull the equip out by July 2010 or face losing my merchant account which I need for my express tunnel. Washgear is telling me the I have to update my software version, which by itself is not a major expense. I also have to have high speed internet installed
which will cost me $101.00 per month. After that I could be paying as much as $350.00 per month for sytem scans to maintain PCI compliance. We average $798.00 per month in self serve credit sales. With a 50% profit margin there is nothing left.I sure wish I had know this before spending $15,000 for Washgear Equipment and Timer upgrades.
Jim ask Washgear if you don't accept debit cards in the bays do you still need to PCI compliant.
My understanding is that you can still accept credit cards in the bays and not have to be PCI compliant because the customer is not putting in a PIN number like they have to do with debit cards.
I've heard of a very large chain of gas stations that are going to stop accepting debit cards at the pumps and only accept them in the convenience store. Thereby they only have to have one debit card machine inside instead of 10-14 outside at the pumps.

Jim

Reaction score
Jim,
I have never taken debit cards so that issue never came up in
my discussions with Washgear. However I think everyone should
know that this is not a Washgear specific issue. As I mentioned in my first post I love my washgear equipment.My merchant provider is currently working on the cost of the periodic system scans which must be done by a third party.The frequency of these scans seems to be determined by your merchant level.
If I can ask, what is everybody else paying for high speed internet at the carwash?

Rudy

Reaction score
I pay $45/mo. for broadband.

Before the upgrade, I also balked at the cost. Now I rave at the bargain it is. I am now connected 24/7 via the internet and I can monitor my wash....not only at home, but also with my cell phone.

Worth every dime....